Sign in to follow this  
Ray Lucas

2 QB Draft Today (Expecting a HUGE run early)

Alright. So I'm in a 14 team, 1 PPR, 2QB league draft coming up today. I've heard whispers of essentially every owner picking QB's left and right for the first few rounds. I pick in the 8th spot, and I've heard 5-6 QBs will be taken before me. I'm a wait on QB guy myself, but obviously in this format, I have to pluck a solid QB in the 1st round right?

Here are my three options

1. Draft a guy like Stafford or Luck with the 8th pick, then maybe hope for a top WR/RB in the early portion of the 2nd. Then pray a serviceable #2QB is available in rd. 3

2. Take Megatron at 8, then grab a guy like Kaepernick/RGIII with my pick in the 2nd. Then pray a serviceable #2QB is available in rd. 3

3. Take the value that falls to me in first two rounds (Megatron/Forte/Lacy in rd 1, and Dez/Demarco/Graham rd 2) and hope two serviceable starters are available in rds 3 and 4.

Bottom line... I hate 2 QB leagues! haha! Any help would be appreciated.

I always wait on QBs, but with 14 teams it's not an option. You'll have teams grab a 3rd QB when you're planning on a 2nd, and it only takes a couple teams doing it to deplete the starters completely.

You'll want 2 QBs in the first 3-4 rounds in this scenario.

If there is a run of say, 20 QBs taken in the first 2/3 rounds, is this a scenario of actually going QB/QB in the first two rounds? Always thought going QB/QB is the kiss of death, but then again, how great will Forte be on a team with Kaepernick and Teddy Bridgewater/EJ Manuel?

1st - wrong forum

2nd - perfect example of why 2 QB leagues for 14 teamers is silly.

In your situation, I would advise to take a QB in round 1 UNLESS, Charles/McCoy/Peterson fall to you. If you like Forte in this group you can include him too. Those are the only players I would take over a QB. Its going to be painful but remember, if every team is going QB early, you're not really losing a ton of ground at the other positions.

Are passing TDs worth 4 or 6? If 6, this is going to vaul the values of Ryan, Cutler, Romo and drop the values of Cam, Kaepernick, RG3 just slightly. Draft accordingly.

After you get your QB in round 1, you will probably be looking at guys like Marshall, ABrown, maybe Julio, Murray, Bernard. I don't view these guys as vastly different than Megatron when you consider what the dropoff at QB will be. So in round 2 you have 2 options. Going with one of the players mentioned above or taking another QB. This is personal preference, I think. If Cutler/Romo are still there I might go QB again. If that whole tier of QBs is gone, I think I would take best RB available (you have to also assume RB is going to thin out next in a 14 team league).

What would I do for my 2nd QB, assuming I don't take one in round 2? Try to gauge how long you can wait before you have to take Alex Smith. Seriously. He flies under the radar but was pretty solid in fantasy last season. He could be the "bargain" QB2 you're looking for.

Another thing to consider is possibly taking a QB3... Im sure pickings will be slim but theoretically, only 4/14 teams are going to have the luxury of a backup for bye weeks.

in a 14 team 2 QB league I would probably try to stack bye weeks as best I could. Just go hard after week 9 byes and punt the week.

2nd - perfect example of why 2 QB leagues for 14 teamers is silly.

This... some bye weeks there won't even be 28 QB's playing. I don't get why this is becoming popular.

I'm in a 2qb 10 team league and it's hard enough to find starting qb's some weeks. I couldn't imagine in a 14 team league. That means, 8 teams won't even have a backup qb that starts for an nfl team.

My bad! It was a 12 team league. Got my leagues messed up! In any case, here's how the draft went:

1st round: Manning, Brees, Rodgers went top 3, and Brady in the 12 slot.
2nd round: Luck, Stafford, Ryan, Kaepernick, RGIII, and Romo.
3rd round: Foles, Wilson, Cutler, and Newton. (I debated taking Cutler with my pick, but somehow Giovanni Bernard was available).
4th round: Rivers and Roethlisberger

My draft went very well. Was happy with how everything worked out for the most part. Matt Stafford got picked right before me in rd 2, and settled with Ryan. Passed on Cutler in rd.3 for Gio, but was able to nab Philip Rivers as well. Also ended up taking Tannehill and Geno Smith as insurance!

My team:
QB- Matt Ryan (2nd)
QB- Philip Rivers (4th)
RB- Adrian Peterson (1st)
RB- Giovanni Bernard (3rd)
WR- Keenan Allen (5th)
WR- Michael Floyd (7th)
WR- Kendall Wright (11th)
TE- Kyle Rudolph (12th)
FLEX- Toby Gerhart (6th)
DEF- Tampa Bay (19th)
K- Phil Dawson (20th)

BENCH:
QB- Ryan Tannehill (10th)
QB- Geno Smith (16th)
RB- Joique Bell (9th)
RB- Lamar Miller (8th)
WR- Justin Hunter (13th)
WR- Brian Hartline (15th)
WR- Kenny Britt (17th)
WR- Andrew Hawkins (18th)
TE- Zach Ertz (14th)

Overall, I love how many value picks I got, but my WR's make me nervous in a 1pt PPR league. It was also very interesting to see how much the QB's dropped off after, everyone got their two starters. Can't believe I was able to steal Tannehill in rd 10 and Geno in rd 16. Should be able to improve my WR corps a ton once injuries start to happen!

My bad! It was a 12 team league. Got my leagues messed up! In any case, here's how the draft went:

1st round: Manning, Brees, Rodgers went top 3, and Brady in the 12 slot.

2nd round: Luck, Stafford, Ryan, Kaepernick, RGIII, and Romo.

3rd round: Foles, Wilson, Cutler, and Newton. (I debated taking Cutler with my pick, but somehow Giovanni Bernard was available).

4th round: Rivers and Roethlisberger

My draft went very well. Was happy with how everything worked out for the most part. Matt Stafford got picked right before me in rd 2, and settled with Ryan. Passed on Cutler in rd.3 for Gio, but was able to nab Philip Rivers as well. Also ended up taking Tannehill and Geno Smith as insurance!

My team:

QB- Matt Ryan (2nd)

QB- Philip Rivers (4th)

RB- Adrian Peterson (1st)

RB- Giovanni Bernard (3rd)

WR- Keenan Allen (5th)

WR- Michael Floyd (7th)

WR- Kendall Wright (11th)

TE- Kyle Rudolph (12th)

FLEX- Toby Gerhart (6th)

DEF- Tampa Bay (19th)

K- Phil Dawson (20th)

BENCH:

QB- Ryan Tannehill (10th)

QB- Geno Smith (16th)

RB- Joique Bell (9th)

RB- Lamar Miller (8th)

WR- Justin Hunter (13th)

WR- Brian Hartline (15th)

WR- Kenny Britt (17th)

WR- Andrew Hawkins (18th)

TE- Zach Ertz (14th)

Overall, I love how many value picks I got, but my WR's make me nervous in a 1pt PPR league. It was also very interesting to see how much the QB's dropped off after, everyone got their two starters. Can't believe I was able to steal Tannehill in rd 10 and Geno in rd 16. Should be able to improve my WR corps a ton once injuries start to happen!

Good job , enjoy the season

we are doing a 2 QB league the first time, so I appreciate this. However, our 2nd QB is a flex we can play with a RB/WR instead. Its full PPR, and 6 pt passing TD. Its a 10 team league with a 2 max QB rule, so I am not sure which direction to go in. Also to balance out WR/RB get 1 pt per 1st down, so last year in this scoring, Peyton put 583, but the next 7 guys were all skill position players.

should be fun