Sign in to follow this  
KSB2424

Mandatory only 1 RB leagues (multiple flex)

How does that effect your draft strategy? My main league and lots of others only require 1 RB as a starter with multiple flex options. You can start 1 RB or 3 RB's.

How does this alter draft stragegy from mandatory 2 RB leagues?

It seems this year everyone is so RB heavy in the first round but in leagues like this does going after the stud QB/WR/TE make more sense?

ETA: PPR

Depends on scoring somewhat. In some sort of PPR, I put a greater premium on getting a big time WR with one of my first two picks. In standard, I would be going hard after RBs so I could flex a few of them.

Yes , two of my leagues went to more flex option and went with one starting RB . It made me change the way I draft RBS .

If it's PPR, then obviously it makes WR more valuable. However, it really depends on how your league drafts.

If you can land one stud RB, then I would totally ignore the position after that pick until the 9th or 10th round, where you should nab your handcuff and other upside guys that could crack the lineup in case of injury.

I treat flex as just another rb spot.

In PPR you should treat it as a WR, if you like to win...

Pretty simple, with flexible rosters you take the guys who will score the most points. Take the past 3 years of scoring data for RBs and WRs in your league and average it for each ranking, i.e. RB1, RB2, WR1, WR2 and so on. Combine the WR and RB rankings into a single list and sort by points scored. If you have 12 teams and 4 total rb. Wr, flex slots for each team, count how many of the top 48 players are RB or WR. If 20 are RB, then you would want 1.66 RB starting (4*(20/48)). The best way to use this information is to then get a VBD program and when it allows you to type in the number of each position, type in 1.66 for RB and 2.33 for WR. It will then rank players accordingly.

A simpler method is to just take your list that may go RB1, RB2, RB3, RB4, WR1, WR2, RB5... and slot in players into each position where they belong and you have your list. This method doesn't account for QB and TE though.