Sign in to follow this  
Giants Fan

Other people suck at poker

It never focking ceases to amaze me. Time and again some new idiot shows up and just plays a total LAG game and thinks he can push everyone around. Why would you think you are better than 9 guys at the table who all know each other and play there almost every day? You are the fish at the table, and one of these times, shoving with top pair is gonna bite you in the ass. And that's what happened tonight.

Everything was going pretty standard. I was up like $20 after an hour, and this newfag shows up. He is making very aggressive moves. Lots of 3 bets and a couple times he shows down and I see the crap he is playing. I went 0 for 3 with my draws, then I re-raised him with QQ and of course he called, an ace hit the flop and he bet. I mucked my cards face up. I only had about $300 on me, and at one point even went to the ATM so I had enough to play. I was $380 in, and down to $100 when I doubled up against a different fish who was even worse, but similar. I had the king high flush on the turn, and by the river there was a paired board, 3 spades and a possible straight, I bet and he re-raised me. I was pretty sure he at best had a lesser flush, so I shoved, he called, I showed the flush and he mucked, saying he had a straight. "I didn't even see that there was a flush out there." all the better players are biting their tongue, there were also two queens on the board. I coulda had a full house or even quads. Anyway, a little blood in the water ... sharks come cruisin. It was funny, at one point the 2 fish had the biggest stacks at the table. It never lasts forever.

One fish was smart enough to get up and leave, up about a hundred bucks, but the younger LAG guy was sure he was going to continue to crush the table, when this hand happened.

I raise in early position with Ad 10d. Guy to my left, this middle eastern dude who tilts and plays bad calls, LAG focker re-raises. I call, middle eastern dude calls. Flop comes Kd, 5d, 9c. Pretty good flop for me, I bet $25. Middle eastern dude shoves for $100, LAG kid reshoves ... I have like 180 behind ... I say, "I guess it's gamble or go home time." and call. Middle eastern guy says he had 2 pair. Lag guy shows AK off. I show Ad, 10d. 10s turn, QD river, I scoop a $550 pot and cut the LAG kid in half. It was a little lucky, I know but I had missed 4 draws already. Big ones, open ended, nut flush draws. And I didn't shove on any of them, I just called 'em down and missed everything.

Then the bullshiat starts happening again. I have Qs, 10s and I bet a flop of 10d, 7s, 5s and this short stack shoves at me. He had called the LAGs preflop raise with 5,7 and flopped 2 pair. But ... 9 spades, 3 queens, 2 tens ... I have 14 outs, I am actually a favorite (51/49) but again I can't catch a focking cold. Then against another guy, I have A2 and the flop comes A, 3,4. I bet, guy calls me. 5 turn, I shove, he calls with 67. Is that a cooler or a bad beat? I think it's both.

Anyway, as I left, up only $85 after 4 hours, the LAG kid was chipping up and probably stuck about $200. Better luck next time, fock face.

At one point, this Mexican guy who actually knows what he is doing ... showed up a couple weeks ago, same thing ... Tryin to run the place, already learned he can't ... after the big hand is discussing strat with me. "You needed to be getting 2-1 to call there." "It was pretty close." I responded.

Then I whispered to him, "Also, I wanted to punish the 3 seat."

And he was like, "I'm just hangin out man ... tryin to get my hours."

It's a leak, I know. But ... what I have is a particular set of skills ....

Also, I rarely celebrate a win ... but that Qd river, I exclaimed, "Yes!" and did a single clap. The first double up with the K high flush on the turn, I just allowed the calling station to cooler himself. After the hand I was silent, stacking my chips and he said, "Nice hand." and I replied, "Thanks."

I raise in early position with Ad 10d. Guy to my left, this middle eastern dude who tilts and plays bad calls, LAG focker re-raises. I call, middle eastern dude calls. Flop comes Kd, 5d, 9c. Pretty good flop for me, I bet $25. Middle eastern dude shoves for $100, LAG kid reshoves ... I have like 180 behind ... I say, "I guess it's gamble or go home time." and call. Middle eastern guy says he had 2 pair. Lag guy shows AK off. I show Ad, 10d. 10s turn, QD river, I scoop a $550 pot and cut the LAG kid in half. It was a little lucky, I know but I had missed 4 draws already. Big ones, open ended, nut flush draws. And I didn't shove on any of them, I just called 'em down and missed everything.

What's a sure fire way to beat you again?

I thought you were the one who sucked at poker?

So if other people suck at poker, and you suck at poker, does that mean everyone sucks at poker?

Synopsis: I pulled a lucky draw on the river for a big win, then pissed most of it away.

:lol: Please read other gfan mutliple posts and sum up in one sentence!

Synopsis: I pulled a lucky draw on the river for a big win, then pissed most of it away.

Didn't reach any of gf posts in this thread, but if this is accurate, I would say that he sucks at poker (if the 3 bet A, 10 thing is true). Worst case, you need to hit two 10s oracle a straight. Best case calling a three bet per flop, you have 6 outs.