Sign in to follow this  
cpit

Josh Gordon trade value for RB if he gets to play?

if he plays, and you were to trade him for an RB, what's his value, i.e., which RBs would you be targeting in a non PPR league?

He missed a few games last year and was still the number one wr so he had to put up a ton yards every week. Aim hi and negotiate from there.

I wouldn't trade Josh Gordon for any RB. His skill set is unmatched, look at the facts Consider that last year, Josh Gordon:

1) made ice

2) worked as gypsy catcher

3) worked to make sexytime liquid explosion from camel, goat and other animals

4) was able to hold down a large woman for more than two hours.

Especially in deeper PPR leagues, it would be short-sighted to trade him for almost any RB.

He should be valued as a top 10 wr. If he wasn't an idiot off the field he is top3 value.

If he were active and the draft was tomorrow think about where he would be drafted and the RBs drafted around him. Maybe fantasy football calculator can give you a gauge of current RB values.

If he plays right away, probably low end RB1. You might be able to buy low on Charles, Lacy, Ball (doubt it tho). I'd shoot for Lynch, and would consider Foster or Murray. Expect an offer from the Stacy owner.

I'd target the best player on the team that owned him last year, who's probably still drafturbating about him from last season.

This is one I don't think of as needing the help board. Its actually asking about finding a value for a guy...and I think that can and should be done on this board.

You were not asking if you should trade him for XXX guy...but just gauging value.

Id agree that low end RB1 is where to look.

If he plays right away a low end RB1 or a RB 1 who has had a disappointing week 1 and maybe the owner might do it. If he plays say 8 games then its a low end RB 1 . Having Gordon for the end of the season and the fantasy playoffs does offset the fact that he misses say 8 games. You get the #1 WR from last year for the run. Thats still worth a RB1. But me I would in your shoes trade Julio Jones for a low end RB1 or a high end RB2 . Rather have Megatron and Grodon with low end RB 1 .Julio has good trade value.