Sign in to follow this  
hotgumbo1

Finally saw Asiata play and....

McKinnon has no value in the immediate future or this season. Yes I speak the obvious but watching them both play against a putrid Saints defense showcases just how slow Asiata is but how he will hold some value strictly by his pass blocking skills alone.... especially with Bridgewater now starting. At least Asiata will give you 9-11 points in a standard PPR league as a safety valve while playing catchup.

I'm dropping McKinnon immediately for Moreno who's floating out there.

McKinnon is hitting my waiver wire this week too. I need to cover Tucker and Arizona D bye weeks and I am not going to cut Tucker. McKinnon is a long way from ready for the NFL.

Really , just wondering why is McKinnon on anyone's roster

And why there are threads with nearly 100 replies discussing this individual.

Putrid saints defense? Not in the superdome, look more into stats. And saints looked bad against the pass until close to the goal line because they were defending 5 yards past the line, trying to defend deep. It was not as close as it actually looked.

Hilarious listening to all the owners who missed out on Asiata talk up the scraps they did manage to get in McKinnon.

Asiata is what he is, a guy who is going to get you 70 plus yards combined and probably a TD every other week. Heck in today's NFL that's a RB2. With Teddy in at QB, I even expect better numbers.

Not sure where the optimism on McKinnon comes from.

He's going to be far better in ppr moving forward I think. Bridgewater checked down to him a fair number of times. I think 3 or 4 were off-target but he could have had another ~5-8 pts ini ppr if those passes had been accurate.

Hilarious listening to all the owners who missed out on Asiata talk up the scraps they did manage to get in McKinnon.

Asiata is what he is, a guy who is going to get you 70 plus yards combined and probably a TD every other week. Heck in today's NFL that's a RB2. With Teddy in at QB, I even expect better numbers.

I think people were envisioning Norv making him Sproles.

He's going to be far better in ppr moving forward I think. Bridgewater checked down to him a fair number of times. I think 3 or 4 were off-target but he could have had another ~5-8 pts ini ppr if those passes had been accurate.

Totally agree. There were 3-4 indeed that were off the mark but no doubt Asiata is a low end flex play that will get your something.

I picked up McKinnon with already Asiata on my roster just to see as I haven't seen McKinnon at all in action. I can't see how a coach would leave this rookie QB without any protection. Got to give Asiata credit, he stuck his nose during those blitzes. McKinnon? Not one bit.

And why there are threads with nearly 100 replies discussing this individual.

Because hes miles better than Asiata in athletic ability, was a top performer at the combine and was drafted as APs eventual replacement. Which for all intents and purposes has been aggressively accelerated. Asiata s just a placeholder until Mckinnons ready, now who knows when that will be....hes a lottery ticket.

Because hes miles better than Asiata in athletic ability, was a top performer at the combine and was drafted as APs eventual replacement. Which for all intents and purposes has been aggressively accelerated. Asiata s just a placeholder until Mckinnons ready, now who knows when that will be....hes a lottery ticket.

Combines mean absolutely NOTHING.

I picked up McKinnon with already Asiata on my roster just to see as I haven't seen McKinnon at all in action. I can't see how a coach would leave this rookie QB without any protection. Got to give Asiata credit, he stuck his nose during those blitzes. McKinnon? Not one bit.

I know this is a fantasy bored but people on here don't understand if you cannot block in the NFL, you cannot line up behind your franchise QB. And you can't learn that on the job.

Absolutely, no team is going risk their high draft pick QB to poor protection no matter how "talented and athletic" a running back is especially after watching one QB go down already.