Sign in to follow this  
DaBeerz

Getting killed because of bye week players

I subscribe to an Best Available Player draft strategy, I don't normally pay too much attention to bye weeks. I guess the question is, do what I did, and end up with 4 starters on a bye at the same time, and potentially "sacrifice" one game, and get it over with, or spread out the bye weeks among your starters?

I'm having trouble even posting a full lineup this week due to byes and injuries. Sigh.

BAP is the best strategy, i never draft for bye weeks. i'd rather have 1 weak week and get the byes over but if you drafted and hit the wire you should have decent depth

If I have two guys who I ranked very close to each other, I'll usually check byes. That works.

• Like 1

Well the problem is that my teams are all 1-2 or worse (except 1), and i am also getting killed on this bye week. If you have a good team its not a big deal, but if you have a team that is already struggling it can be a death sentence. Not sure i could have avoided it though as a lot of players i was targeting had their bye week 4.

Yep. Got Floyd-D. Thomas-Both Bengals RBs-Cinci D on a bye in a 14 teamer.

I'm taking a zero at IDP because I don't want to drop Cinci D.

3-0 luckily.

Have both bengals in another league that I lost. AP in.

1-2

1-3 likely

Yea I always go BPA and just use some waiver pick ups for that week to fill in. Either that or you could trade one of your bye week players for someone else although I never do that. Usually its WW pick and play during the bye weeks

Well the problem is that my teams are all 1-2 or worse (except 1), and i am also getting killed on this bye week. If you have a good team its not a big deal, but if you have a team that is already struggling it can be a death sentence. Not sure i could have avoided it though as a lot of players i was targeting had their bye week 4.

Right now I'm 3-0 so I can take a loss and move on. I also loaded up on Denver players, hence the overlapping bye (Manning, Thomas, and Ball)

Yeah, I'm also getting hosed with week 4 buys in one league: Demariyus Thomas, Zac Stacy, Crowell, Michael Floyd, Jeremy Hill, Bengals D (got to drop them to pick up another D). Josh Gordon also on bye this week incidentally.

Team is 0-3 already.