Sign in to follow this  
RepoPatrol

Help with league issue

Our waivers ran last night. The guy in the #1 spot claims his picks somehow got erased from the website so he picked up no one.

Background

This is a new owner in the league who drafted AP and Rice (supposedly Rice was a draft error although he declined to fix it during the draft when given the opportunity). He's 1-4 with little chance of winning with his current squad. He has also been the most active in the league transaction wise. I spoke with him during the week about his deep need at RB. At that time he says his waiver picks were already in and that Oliver was his #1 pickup. CBS has no listing for his waiver picks after the fact either.

So the dilemna is do I believe him and do I manually redo the waivers process? Generally the guys in my league are understanding on these matters but someone will definitely be put in an undesirable situation when their waiver pickup gets reversed, which could also fee ddown to my pickup. .

I also realize he could have just forgotten and is now pulling a stunt to save himself. Given the facts that we discussed and that he has been real active, i am leaning towards redoing the waivers. Would also like to keep him in the league going forward and this bad taste will probably prevent that if nothing is done.

What would you guys do in this sutuation?

This thread is better than those other ones. I like what this guy did. I'm glad you told us so we could collectively stick it to him.

Sounds like he forgot and is a liar.

Contact CBS to have them look into it. The new guy should be replaced in the offseason.

I was ran out of a cash league so my cousin could keep his buddy and wife in. I didn't care for the collusions between the two so one of them could win. Clearly you need to look for another guy for next year.

If I was the one that landed Oliver and need a RB this week especially, I would be less than happy with and adjustment based on this information. When did this owner call it to your attention that something was wrong? First thing the next morning after the ww ran?

If I was the one that landed Oliver and need a RB this week especially, I would be less than happy with and adjustment based on this information. When did this owner call it to your attention that something was wrong? First thing the next morning after the ww ran?

Pretty much immediately

Sorry. The dude is a liar.

CBS makes a crap ton of money off an online system that thousands play year around.

Your dude is lying through his teeth.

In 10+ years on CBS, or any other major site, I've never seen a "system" issue. It's either user error or he's lying.

In 10+ years on CBS, or any other major site, I've never seen a "system" issue. It's either user error or he's lying.

I agree. Also 10+ years on CBS. Never had a ww issue like this ( or read about one on this mecca of information). Hope it is simply a user error that he doesn't realize he made because you would have to be a pretty pathetic person to pull this douche move.

He probably didn't finish by hitting submit or something of that nature. It is his responsibility to make sure that he has waiver requests listed on his team page. It might be possible that he throws a tantrum and either just checks out or tries to dump his players on the waiver wire or sets up some horrible trade with the owner he likes the most or dislikes the least if he or she is immature. Be prepared.

I agree. Also 10+ years on CBS. Never had a ww issue like this ( or read about one on this mecca of information). Hope it is simply a user error that he doesn't realize he made because you would have to be a pretty pathetic person to pull this douche move.

I am assuming it was an innocent mistake, but wholly believe his pickups never were entered in the site. He is in a few other leagues and I believe he got them mixed up. Every waiver wire probably looks pretty similar this week at least at the top. The last opportunity to overturn is if he can provide me with computer history showing he was actually on the 'player' page at some point in the last 2 days. I think he will have trouble providing that and will realize he screwed up and take responsibility at that point.

i know I am much too generous to let it get this far. However i feel fantasy is more than about the money ($200 entry league + $5 transactions) and when possible I like to do what i can to keep friendships and competition as part of the league. That said unless I can get a bit more proof, this owner is going to lose out and the chips will fall where they may. Odds are these hot Rb's will flame out and he will be better off in the end.