Sign in to follow this  
Flyfreak

honestly, who in the hell would want cutler?

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports several unnamed NFL executives believe the Bears may have to give up a draft pick in order to trade Jay Cutler.

Still owed a guaranteed $25.5 million on the seven-year deal signed last offseason, Cutler's contract appears to be trade prohibitive. Schefter's sources believe the Bears could offset the big guarantees by offering Cutler AND a draft pick to prospective trade partners. NFL rules dictate the Bears would have to receive some compensation in return, but Chicago could get around the rule by accepted a late-round pick in exchange for Cutler and a better pick. It would be a high price to pay to offload a talented quarterback, but with coach Marc Trestman likely finished after the season, Chicago may simply press the reset button.

I have no clue.

There were rumors about the Titans and I think it comes from him being a Vandy grad. As if the Vandy fan base is big and buying up Titans tickets.

I guess for a cheap price...he is better than Mettenberger and they can then figure out their D through the draft.

Still seems to just be trading bad for bad with a high pricetag against your cap.

the biggest problem i've always had with cutler is that he doesn't give a sh*t about anything: we win, that's great, we lose, who cares? i need a qb who brings some leadership and emotional ass kicking to the team, not some flunky who doesn't seem to care about anything

the biggest problem i've always had with cutler is that he doesn't give a sh*t about anything: we win, that's great, we lose, who cares? i need a qb who brings some leadership and emotional ass kicking to the team, not some flunky who doesn't seem to care about anything

With that wife and money what's to be upset about?

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports several unnamed NFL executives believe the Bears may have to give up a draft pick in order to trade Jay Cutler.

Still owed a guaranteed $25.5 million on the seven-year deal signed last offseason, Cutler's contract appears to be trade prohibitive. Schefter's sources believe the Bears could offset the big guarantees by offering Cutler AND a draft pick to prospective trade partners. NFL rules dictate the Bears would have to receive some compensation in return, but Chicago could get around the rule by accepted a late-round pick in exchange for Cutler and a better pick. It would be a high price to pay to offload a talented quarterback, but with coach Marc Trestman likely finished after the season, Chicago may simply press the reset button.

With that strong arm I am sure he will be just fine . Don't worry

The Skins. Between them getting Sexy Rexy from Chicago and over paying for RG3 with picks before, it is their MO.... :ninja:

The Skins. Between them getting Sexy Rexy from Chicago and over paying for RG3 with picks before, it is their MO.... :ninja:

you think anyone's gonna emasculate themselves with that seven year ball and chain?

Cutler and Sanchez will both be starting in the NFL in 2015, albeit in different towns. When you've got 32 job openings and, after 100 years in operation, currently have about 10-12 guys who capably do the job, there's always room for a second or third chance.

Cutler and Sanchez will both be starting in the NFL in 2015, albeit in different towns. When you've got 32 job openings and, after 100 years in operation, currently have about 10-12 guys who capably do the job, there's always room for a second or third chance.

i can't see anyone taking on that cutler contract

Who would want him? Let's see......

Jets, Bills, Browns, Titans, Redskins, Bucs, Rams, or Cards.

Cutler is better than what those teams have.

i can't see anyone taking on that cutler contract

They won't have to.

If I'm not mistaken, he is already guaranteed $38 mil. On the 3rd day of the 2015 league year (whatever date that is) he's guaranteed another $10 mil.

So either he's there next year and guaranteed more money, or cut and costs just what they've already guaranteed him so far. And then somebody will sign him in a heartbeat.

They won't have to.

If I'm not mistaken, he is already guaranteed $38 mil. On the 3rd day of the 2015 league year (whatever date that is) he's guaranteed another $10 mil.

So either he's there next year and guaranteed more money, or cut and costs just what they've already guaranteed him so far. And then somebody will sign him in a heartbeat.

no doubt, I'm referencing if he's traded while under that contract