Sign in to follow this  
the_future420

Points for Return Yards? Who gets a bump?

Both of my main leagues are leagues where we get points for return yards. 20 and 25 yrds per point in each league respectively. Though not a huge amount, it can sometimes be the difference between a guy going undrafted versus being useful or bump a guy from flex territory to every week starter. Time and time again I have been able to draft guys in these leagues who would go undrafted in normal leagues becasue they aren't on peoples radars. Guys like Sproles, Cribbs in years past haev been my MVPs in some season because of the bumps they get from return yardage. So for those of you in return yardage leagues, who are you targeting?

I would like to get Spiller as I have a feeling he could have some return yards. Anybody else though? I haven't watched much preseason so I'm not sure who are the backup RBs and WR2s and 3s that have a a chance to score points

Edleman returns punts and actually has 4 career TD's.

Sproles is returning for Eagles, so he would be worth a look.

IDP, Patrick Peterson is returning punts this year.

Jarvis Landry

Holy cow, just looked up his stats from last year and he had over 1100 total return yards. I'm in a PPR league and would be fine with him as a WR1 based on that combined with his expected progression

i figured he wasnt going to be returning this year.. if he is landry is a huge bump

This is from rotoworld about a month ago but

Jarvis Landry is expected to keep the Dolphins' primary punt and kickoff returner jobs.
Landry is going to log heavy minutes this season as a near-100-percent player on offense and multiple-phase special teamer. Landry finished 2014 fourth in the NFL in kick return average and 14th on punt returns. Landry will offer a ton of appeal in leagues that award points for both catches and return yards. Aug 5 - 2:59 PM
Source: Miami Herald

I'm taking him in the 3rd no matter what tbh. I had plans of going WR/WR/RB most likely if things went to plan in my draft but tbh that is a game changer for my league scoring. probably going to go RB-RB-Landry now