Sign in to follow this  
RedzoneMonster

O. Daniels - why so low?

I get it, he's old and not exactly make of steel but why are so many people/sites ranking him so low? Manning is notorious for using his TE's. Heck, I think you could throw my fat azz in there at TE and I'd go 800/6 for the season! Is there something I'm missing?

I agree. I was watching the PS3 game and he was open in the end zone, Manning threw to Latimer at the GL, who dropped it. I think Manning ends up leaning on Owen quite a bit.

Virgil Green is a pretty insane athlete, and I'm afraid he'll end up splitting time with Owen Daniels before it's all said and done.

i'm guessing the ranking for him has more to do with the situation and not his age/ability. Going (supposedly) to a more run-oriented offense, have DT and Sanders, Virgil Green will play and catch some TE passes as well, and the RBs in the passing game. Too many mouths to feed

Combination of things. He is old, Peyton is old, Their line is iffy (Means more Green for blocking), Green is extremely athletic and will be on the field a lot, He's old :), and he has a bit of an injury history. I don't see him matching what Thomas did, but for where he can be had and with all the mediocrity at TE after the top tier this year. He is a guy to target IMO.

Virgil Green is a pretty insane athlete, and I'm afraid he'll end up splitting time with Owen Daniels before it's all said and done.

This is the reason for me .

there is also a certain amount of risk when a player changes teams too. If he doesnt 'connect' with Manning, his numbers may be weak.

I think he will be fine.

he knows the system already. I do think last years numbers would be the baseline. Manning as we all know can take a player beyond their baseline.