Sign in to follow this  
IGotWorms

Who knew GFIAFP starred in The League?

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/17/arts/television/steve-rannazzisi-comedian-who-told-of-9-11-escape-admits-he-lied.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&module=second-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0&referrer=

When the comedian Steve Rannazzisi has explained his success, which includes seven seasons starring on a popular TV show, The League, and a one-hour special this Saturday on Comedy Central, he has frequently attributed it to decisions he made after narrowly escaping the World Trade Center attacks on Sept. 11, 2001.

In elaborate detail, Mr. Rannazzisi, 37, has described working at Merrill Lynchs offices on the 54th floor of the south tower when the first plane struck the north tower.

I was there and then the first tower got hit and we were like jostled all over the place, he told an interviewer in 2009.

He fled to the street just minutes before another plane slammed into his building, he said, and decided that very day that life was too precious to waste opportunities. So he abandoned his New York desk job to pursue a career as an entertainer in Los Angeles.

Nonetheless, he said, he remained affected by his memories of that day.

I still have dreams of like, you know, those falling dreams, he told the interviewer.

Confronted this week, though, with evidence that undermined his account, Mr. Rannazzisi, after a day of deliberation, acknowledged on Tuesday that his account was fiction. Actually, he had been working in Midtown that day, and not for Merrill Lynch, which has no record of his employment and had no offices in either tower.

I was not at the Trade Center on that day, he said in a statement provided by his publicist, Matthew Labov. I dont know why I said this. This was inexcusable. I am truly, truly sorry.

It was unclear how Mr. Rannazzisis admission might affect his standing with networks or sponsors, including Buffalo Wild Wings, which had made him the face of an ad campaign associated with the start of this N.F.L. season and which had featured him in commercials last spring for March Madness.

:doh:

Didn't even have the common decency to claim he carried people out of the burning towers. GF is a much bigger make believe hero.

Holy crap, what a wild story! This is like Brian Williams. He straight up lied and continued the lie, what a jackass. To admit it after carrying it on for years, ouch. GF, its time for you to come clean now.

Didn't even have the common decency to claim he carried people out of the burning towers. GF is a much bigger make believe hero.

He saved lives dammit! :mad: :mad:

:doh: