Sign in to follow this  
Captain Goomy Noomy Roo

Lacy / Starks

Anyone putting both in this week?

Yes, I realize that we will sit Lacy if the groin or knee/ankle cause GB to sit him for another week.

Now...What if Lacy is a go this week? Starks is obviously running much better than Lacy between the 20s.

What are your thoughts on playing both also considering that there could be good garbage time running this week?

That could pay off especially considering 2nd half garbage points vs. DET. From what I read, it's looking like a 60/40 split favoring Starks.

I see the strategy in staring both, but then you may limit yourself depending on who you'd bench in favor of playing Fat Eddie.

Whose your other RB's?

Anyone putting both in this week?

Yes, I realize that we will sit Lacy if the groin or knee/ankle cause GB to sit Jim for another week.

Now...What if Lacy is a go this week? Starks is obviously running much better than Lacy between the 20s.

What are your thoughts on playing both also considering that there could be good garbage time running this week?

Might need to dig deeper into this and see what the news from the coach is. Last game they were talking it was Lacys last game to prove himself and hold onto the ball, he did neither. GB sure looks better when they ditch the run game but that has been for years with QBs that have success. Peyton and Favre didn't leave the garbage points on the table.

I picked up Starks in two leagues, I still might take a wait and see approach. I could see McCarthy pulling a fast one and either splitting carries 50/50 or Lacy getting the majority of carries. Nothing McCarthy said gives me confidence in Starks being the clear bell cow, even when he said Starks is the number one he added we'll stick with a 1-2 punch, he also said earlier that they need to get Lacy going, which i take as meaning he'll still get a fair bit of opportunities. Starks IMO is a high upside flex (I fortunately have better options) who i think will do more with his share of snaps and Lacy being a desperation dart throw, low floor play which could pay off big, if and its a really big if, he can get rolling (maybe he's laid off the rolls the last few weeks).

I remember McCarthy saying last season when we were in fantasy football playoffs(against Buff) that it would be a RBBC, and Starks rarely saw the field and it was all Lacy running on Buff, and he did quite well. If you have a starter or high volume RB, I would definitely go with them over Starks. The okie doke will be a hard pill to swallow if you start Starks and Lacy takes off.

Yet another Hill/Gio tandem. Gio/Starks outplaying their first round counterparts. Lacy/Hill owners sticking to their guns even though they probably shouldn't. Both running backs ceilings are capped due to the timeshare. All four running backs will have their good games, but it will be tough to predict them.

• Like 1

starks has put up 20+ in .5 ppr in 2/3 games and the game he didnt was because denver just completely shut down the entire offense. starks is the play for sure in ppr, he's getting the 3rd down and hurry up work not to mention a lot of series to himself. he's making big plays and scoring tds.

totally agree this is exactly the same situation as hill/gio. we all thought hill would get right against cleveland and pull away from gio. this was with a healthy hill in the best matchup possible and the game flow was perfect too. cincy coaches were saying all the right things about hill. and busto. i see the same thing for lacy. coaches aren't as stupid as we may think. if a guy isn't getting it done he won't see the field much.

only way i see lacy doing anything is in mop up time and by then you've likely gotten good production from starks anyway. lacy is a desparation play only, i wouldn't start him by himself. both guys? maybe. big risk though.

I just do not trust coaches anymore. Everything is thinking Starks is the guy, but I wouldn't be surprised if they give Starks the first series and then Lacy comes in for the majority of caries. I think a ham sandwich with legs (I know this is pretty much what Lacy is) could run on the Lions defense

No not me I think this team is looking for balance and Lacy as not being getting the job done and needs a break . I'm buying .

Reduced workload.

Chance to heal completely.

Some soul searching.

And a trainer who tells him to forsake simple carbs.

Buy low.

Chances are he's going to hammer some faces in during the FF playoffs.

And if he doesn't...who cares?...you bought low...