Sign in to follow this  
jersey

Langford 2016?

I'm high on Langford in 2016. What do others think?

ASSUMPTIONS:

• Forte leaves
  • No other major RB is brought in to split carries or compete for the job

THE GOOD:

• Drafted by current coach & GM
  • New OC is the QB coach so the system will stay in place
  • CHI & Fox want to run the ball to keep Cutler from having to "win" the game
  • Showed well in 2016 when Forte was hurt
  • 3 down back (solid at GL & solid as a receiver)
  • Should see 20 touches a game

THE BAD:

• Not a super talent
  • Yards/carry was not great

PREDICTION:

• Once Forte is gone he will go in 2nd RD in some drafts, but will be a steal as a 4th in many drafts
  • Rushing: 18 carries per game, 1,100+ yards & 8 TD
  • Receiving: 50 catches for 400 yards & 2 TDs
  • Top 10 RB
  • Late 1st, early 2nd round pick in 2017

Unless they bring Forte back on a team friendly deal I'd agree with most above. I've had Langford on my taxi squad all season which means keeper rights in my auction league. I plan to pair him with Matt Jones as my RB 2 & 3 next year.

What is the impact of this news?
Jeremy Langford the 'heir apparent' to Forte
ESPN's Jeff Dickerson has pegged Jeremy Langford as the "heir apparent" to free agent Matt Forte in Chicago after the Bears informed Forte they won't re-sign him.
With Forte now out of the picture, the Bears' running back depth chart stands as Langford, followed by Ka'Deem Carey and Senorise Perry. (Jacquizz Rodgers joins Forte as a free agent.) Langford had some monster games as a rookie after Forte went down with a knee injury, totaling 324 yards and three touchdowns in a pair of spot starts Weeks 9 and 10. Down the stretch, he and Forte formed a committee, and it was clear the Bears were grooming Langford as the 2016 starter. The Bears will add depth, but Langford has the inside track to the starting job.
Source: ESPN.com Feb 12 - 12:05 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/331431/jeremy-langford-the-heir-apparent-to-forte?ls=roto:NFL:topheadlines

Bears tell Forte they won't be re-signing him

The Bears have informed free agent Matt Forte they won't be re-signing him.
"Despite my wishes, my days as a member of the Chicago Bears have sadly come to an end," Forte wrote. "I was informed earlier this week from the GM that they will not be attempting to re-sign me in free agency." The writing has been on the wall for months. Forte's agent tried to engage in extension talks during the season, but was shot down by GM Ryan Pace. Chicago will move forward with Jeremy Langford and a younger group. Forte turned 30 in December and has been connected to the Patriots as a potential match.
Source: Matt Forte on Instagram Feb 12 - 10:27 AM

I like Rawls because he playes on a better team .

Langford will be a good rb next year. I plan on snagging him as my rb 1 after I pick up 2 good WRs.

If the Bears don't grab another fa/rookie to steal carries away, I think Langford is long gone by then. Don't think he makes it past the 2nd round imo.

That's ok with me , everyone else can take Rbs in the first round second round heck even the third round , not me I'm sticking to my guns , I'm not going rb until no earlier than the forth round in all the leagues I'm in .