Sign in to follow this  
TXScubaDiver

Drop Jeffrey?

Alshon has been hurt all year, hasn't scored, and Hoyer isn't cutting it. Been trying to go by the Rule of Three, giving proven players 3 games to get on track. But now entering week 6. My RB core is strong (DJohnson, Lacy, DeMarco, CMike, and TColeman) and WR1 is Fitz.Is Alshon ready for a breakout week, or is it ok to cut ties? Will answer any link you post.

• Like 1

i mean he's on pace for almost 1300 yards receiving and his QB hates him. I think he's being pretty efficient with his targets. I'm not giving up on the guy yet

You can't just cut him.

That's not going to be a good move.

Shop him.

Hang tight. Dropping folks like Cruz, Michael Floyd, random bad team slot WRs, djax in ppr? I'm all for it. You can't drop Alshon in a league with any kind of depth to it. And I'm the type who NEVER wants him or drafts him. But he could easily come with it and put together a great run that nets you a few wins.

You have to look at the stat lines and tds separately. Sure, they'll be a weird situation every now and then where a guy has a gang of targets/touches and somehow ends up with almost no tds (Mike Evans last year, Thomas jones and Forte forever ago), but it's not normal. Aka If Alshon keeps playing, he's gonna be okay....most likely.

hoyer "not cutting it"

you are insane..

week 3 - 317 yards, 2 td
week 4 - 302 / 2
week 5 - 397 / 2

im sorry, you're right, hes not cutting it - he's Killing it.

@ echo: ok, let me rephrase that. He doesn't have a chemistry with Jeffery. Cutler is more in step with Jeffery.

I agree don't just drop him, I also know how it feels to be in a league that doesn't trade well.

looking at how strong your RB's are try to add him and lacy to a trace for a mid WR1

is there anyone on your league who is 0 or 1 win so far who needs some help both Jeffrey and lacy are good for 6/7 points most weeks with the chance of a score to raise that