Sign in to follow this  
IGotWorms

What's the word on TB RBs?

no word yet on Martin, so hard to say there.

I'd pickup Rodgers just to see what happens over the next few days, but I wouldn't waste a waiver on him. He's just not big enough to be an every down back, so I'd think they'd sign a complimentary back to pair with Rodgers in the event that Martin misses significant time.

very low upside on Rodgers, outside of maybe this week if you need a filler.

No word on Martin and reports where that he wasn't seen at practice today. You would have hoped that he would be ready to go after the bye but it doesn't seem to be the case. I know a lot of people are getting overly excited about his schedule and NO in the playoffs but I'd temper that with him being an injured RB that got paid.

no word yet on Martin, so hard to say there.

I'd pickup Rodgers just to see what happens over the next few days, but I wouldn't waste a waiver on him. He's just not big enough to be an every down back, so I'd think they'd sign a complimentary back to pair with Rodgers in the event that Martin misses significant time.

very low upside on Rodgers, outside of maybe this week if you need a filler.

I'd beg to differ on Rodgers' upside over the next three weeks. Facing the Niners, Raiders and Falcons should give Quizz an opportunity to put up high RB2 (if not RB1) fantasy numbers. He got a whopping 30 carries against the Panthers; clearly Koetter isn't afraid to give Rodgers a large workload.

I'd beg to differ on Rodgers' upside over the next three weeks. Facing the Niners, Raiders and Falcons should give Quizz an opportunity to put up high RB2 (if not RB1) fantasy numbers. He got a whopping 30 carries against the Panthers; clearly Koetter isn't afraid to give Rodgers a large workload.

Traveling across the country, plays for a mediocre team, and is a career journeyman, who has never had a large role in an offense. I see opportunity and that's about it. Sometimes that's enough, but I would set mid to low RB 2 expectations and be happy if he produces more.

Martin re-aggravated his injury in practice and is out for Week 7. If you need a filler than Rodgers is your man. Just about guaranteed to have 20+ touches.

Agree 20 touches at 3.3 per rush = 66 yards and no tds.

So is that enough for you to start him , thats the question you need to ask yourself.

Traveling across the country, plays for a mediocre team, and is a career journeyman, who has never had a large role in an offense. I see opportunity and that's about it. Sometimes that's enough, but I would set mid to low RB 2 expectations and be happy if he produces more.

Anyone saying he's an RB1 or has RB1 potential this week or any week he's the starter is out of their mind. Rodgers has a career 3.7 ypc. SF has played against 5 juggernaut rushing offenses (DAL, ARI, CAR, BUF) and 4 of the top 7 RBs in FF (DJ, Zeke, McCoy, and C-Mike). SF has played about as tough a run schedule as possible up until now. Their run D WILL get better statistically. Also, TB's rushing offense nor Rodgers' ability are remotely close to what SF has faced so far. Does Rodgers have upside this week? Yes. Will he come close to 30 carries again? Hell no.

Prediction: 17/64 yds, 1/2 yds, 0 TD Total: 6.6 pts standard