Sign in to follow this  
Viking14

Should I go with FFT Projections?

WR - Cooks Or Jeffrey? They have Jeffrey

RB - Blount, Stewart or R Mathews? They have Stewart

QB - Ryan or Brady?? The have Brady

Their choices above are not even close? Should i agree with them??

i use fantasypros.com

you can import your team and combine all the experts picks. good luck.

This

Plus it uses an average of all sites ~125

• Like 1

If every instinct you have is wrong, then the opposite would have to be right.

Why would you agree with them , if you don't agree with them.

It's ok for you to make your own decisions.

I like Fantasy pros and I filter the results for the experts I think are more legit.

I like to look at them but it's fun to make your own call in the end.

Any set of projections are a td away from being 'wrong'. And of course, no one really knows fo sho. I know...cold water. Okay okay! I'll try to answer...

I like starting stable players with high floors. Matt Ryan at home vs Tom Brady FU parade? It's close and Mattee Ice HAS been good this year. But cmon...take the parade until further notice. Bill and Brady have a crazy win/loss record in 'revenge' games vs division opponents. Rex is weird and his whole coaching career hat is hung on occasionally looking competent vs the Pats. But the Bills are toast today with like no dynamic weapons besides t-mobile available.

When it's between shakier options, I tend to look at home/away and matchup.

Aka Cooks over Alshon vs Vikes easily. Seattle d just played 90 snaps chasing David Johnson around all night. It's also a 10 am pacific start...aka the source of some of some Seattle's worst first half starts over the last 5 years. Hush about Cutler. Its Cutler! And it's the Vikes. Rhodes is going to shadow Alshon. He could still get one. But if you're not starting Cooks at home vs a team the Saints HATE, when are you gonna start him?

When I'm really desperate, I see if I can establish a predictable 'gameflow' even if that's a super dangerous method to employ too heavily.

Aka I'm back to the FU Parade. Give me Blount who is a top five rb and the caddy to an offense on a mission. If they succeed at beating down the Bills, Blount will be there frontrunning. And you cover yourself against the Pats giving Blount all the tds.

Whew...lineup questions answered...more projection talk...

I like fft well enough cuz they don't do partial tds. That's my biggest issue with most projections. No player can get .7 tds in a game! It throws off the math imo. But fft obviously has 'buckets' where it's like 6 for 60 for multiple players, so don't get too crazy relying on it or any projection site honestly.

Espn is usually high. Yahoo is usually low and not matching the projection they give in the bold section. Averaging out projections doesn't rescue you from the partial td issue.

Any site's projections are not going to be reliable at predicting the actual finish of guys they have ranked three or four spots away from each other. If they have two guys closely ranked, they are pretty much admitting that they think both guys are even odds.

The Tiers that FFT uses are pretty reliable, but the individual ranks within each tier are so-so. And that's not a knock, they aren't meant to be locked in predictions. None of these guys are sweating whether they put a guy at 4th or 5th compared to the other guy currently at 4th. That's just gut feel at that point.

I like FFT and Roto not because of their actual ranks, which I rarely use, but because they do a good job of trying to *explain* their ranks. That helps me out, shows me what I'm missing, not thinking of, etc. But then I make my own decisions based on the players I have.