Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Divisional Playoffs - Green Bay at Dallas: In-Game Discussion

can't argue with this at all. 2017 draft needs to result in a giant pile of DEs and CBs.

If Smith can get back...

You lost this game for the same reason you lost in 2014 all right. But that reason is Aaron Rodgers. Your team went out on its shield, it just got beat by one of the greatest players of all time who made a sick, sick play on third and 22.

this is exactly where i am. any cowboys fan of sufficient age will remember 'the catch', and note the powerful resonance between 2016 and 1981. the difference is that the '81 cowboys were a far better, more complete team than the '16 cowboys.

this year's roster was not a championship team. there were just not enough pieces on defense. while elliott helped the defense a ton (reportedly, a redskins offensive coach claimed after the draft that zeke would help the defense more than any single defender could), he couldn't make plays standing on the sideline. too many DAL fans ate the cheese, and started thinking that the defense was inherently decent rather than a product of duct tape, bailing wire, and marinelli magic.

in january of 1982, one of the greatest coaches who ever lived led the most powerful team in the league against the '49ers. in january of 2017, a young coach led a deeply flawed team against the packers. in each case, the cowboys lost to a transcendent QB talent making the kinds of plays that define him as a first ballot HOFer.

• Like 1

If Smith can get back...

reportedly it's no longer an 'if'--just a question of how effective he can be. smith has been sprinting and doing change-of-direction with the brace for a while now, and the nerve has been regenerating and is beginning to fire. smith claims that he could have played in some capacity in 2016, and jones is saying that it's already a go for next season. this might be all talk, but there's enough smoke here to infer fire with some degree of confidence.

kiper's first mock has DAL going corner (jones).

Dude you can't get to the QB on every play, and with Rodgers you pretty much need a pro bowl line with his scrambling skills. Heath clobbered him on the second down play. Any normal QB coughs that ball up.

You lost this game for the same reason you lost in 2014 all right. But that reason is Aaron Rodgers. Your team went out on its shield, it just got beat by one of the greatest players of all time who made a sick, sick play on third and 22.

With all due respect, this is a load of Bullshiit.

The differences here are almost too many to list. But off the top of my head: we were (top to bottom) a more talented team, at damn near full strength, 100% rested, at home, deeper, GB was missing guys all over the field - including J. Nelson, all their rbs, offensive lineman and crucial secondary personnel and our strengths were perfect for this team - the best matchup one could hope for.

Then like I said, everything we were told, everything we drafted for, everything we did well, everything we built this team around, everything we did to get the #1 Seed we gagged on and abandoned.. Basically, Garrett choked... I'm tired of fans making excuses for him, we had no biz losing that game. Hell, anyone catch Goose Gooselin or Bryan Broaddus this week? They echoed my game night sentiments. Which were basically, WTF are you doing Red? ......I've talked about the specific F'ups Red had in this game - and like I said, they showed up on the very 1st drive.. The GB coaches had to be almost pissing on themselves from laughing over that first drive - what a gutless message sent to his, and our own, team.

24-0 at half.... You mean to tell me Atlanta is that much better than Dallas, at home? No freaking way - makes me even more sick over that pathetic loss.. We should be the ones getting drilled by the Falcons. :D

• Like 2

Remember all the people wondering why Seattle wouldn't give Christine Michael a real shot?

That's why :lol:

Also he's not that good

Still as true this very day. :thumbsup:

With all due respect, this is a load of Bullshiit.

The differences here are almost too many to list. But off the top of my head: we were (top to bottom) a more talented team, at damn near full strength, 100% rested, at home, deeper, GB was missing guys all over the field - including J. Nelson, all their rbs, offensive lineman and crucial secondary personnel and our strengths were perfect for this team - the best matchup one could hope for.

Then like I said, everything we were told, everything we drafted for, everything we did well, everything we built this team around, everything we did to get the #1 Seed we gagged on and abandoned.. Basically, Garrett choked... I'm tired of fans making excuses for him, we had no biz losing that game. Hell, anyone catch Goose Gooselin or Bryan Broaddus this week? They echoed my game night sentiments. Which were basically, WTF are you doing Red? ......I've talked about the specific F'ups Red had in this game - and like I said, they showed up on the very 1st drive.. The GB coaches had to be almost pissing on themselves from laughing over that first drive - what a gutless message sent to his, and our own, team.

A load of bullshit? What, that you got did by one of the greatest QBs to play the game? I'm not saying you win that game in overtime, but 3rd and 20 with the game on the line is a pretty good spot to be in. The man made an all-pro play.

As for Garrett, whatever mishaps coaching wise he had in this game- and I won't waste our time challenging you on specifics - I think his handling of the rook this year has been masterful.

Why are you even whining about Garrett? It is what it is. I don't hear you saying a word about Jones, and he's the real reason you don't have a stronger HC. No serious coach would put up with his bullshit, which is why you have Garrett. You of all folks should know that.

I know you're pissed. But look at the position your team is in. The future looks bright, and no WAY you expected this before week one.

As for Garrett, whatever mishaps coaching wise he had in this game- and I won't waste our time challenging you on specifics - I think his handling of the rook this year has been masterful.

Why are you even whining about Garrett? It is what it is. I don't hear you saying a word about Jones, and he's the real reason you don't have a stronger HC. No serious coach would put up with his bullshit, which is why you have Garrett. You of all folks should know that.

Masterful, of Dak? Where was all this "mastery" last year then when we basically had the exact same team? Where was all this genius when we were going 4-12, with an arguably even more talented defense - where was it then?

I don't know if it's being in the state of Texas or what - but what we have here in Jason Garrett is basically what UT had with Mack Brown... I'm a huge Longhorns fan and I endured the exact same crap with him. For 16 freaking years Mack charmed the Board of Regents, dazzled the booster and coasted his way into a rather sizable fortune... But what did he do, what did he really get done? 1 Title and 2 Big 12 Championships - that's it... The richest school in the nation, one of the biggest universities in the nation and arguably the richest talent pool state in the county - and that's the extent of his resume - really? But he's a really swell guy and he racked up 10 wins a year, usually got us into a bowl game - so he got to keep his parking spot and the like I said, the Participation Ribbons look good on the wall......................But the main thing Mack and Red have in common - both had all word Qbs fall into their lap. If not for VY and Dak - both of those coaches are sizable underachievers.

Bashing Jerry? Ha, you've been around here long enuff - who's bashed him more over the past 15 years or so than me? And I blame him for Red - but (for purposes of this discussion) Red was the no balls, gutless, over his head commander in chief last Sunday that had us sitting at home this weekend......... The line for guys who play "Not to Lose" wraps around the building - get us a freaking coach who understands what it means to "Play to Win".

Red was the no balls, gutless, over his head commander in chief last Sunday that had us sitting at home this weekend......... The line for guys who play "Not to Lose" wraps around the building - get us a freaking coach who understands what it means to "Play to Win".

Didn't he ice the kicker, though? :dunno:

Masterful, of Dak? Where was all this "mastery" last year then when we basically had the exact same team? Where was all this genius when we were going 4-12, with an arguably even more talented defense - where was it then?

I don't know if it's being in the state of Texas or what - but what we have here in Jason Garrett is basically what UT had with Mack Brown... I'm a huge Longhorns fan and I endured the exact same crap with him. For 16 freaking years Mack charmed the Board of Regents, dazzled the booster and coasted his way into a rather sizable fortune... But what did he do, what did he really get done? 1 Title and 2 Big 12 Championships - that's it... The richest school in the nation, one of the biggest universities in the nation and arguably the richest talent pool school in the county - and that's the extent of his resume - really? But he's a really swell guy and he racked up 10 wins a year, usually got us into a bowl game - so he got to keep his parking spot and the like I said, the Participation Ribbons look good on the wall......................But the main thing Mack and Red have in common - both had all word Qbs fall into their lap. If not for VY and Dak - both of those coaches are sizable underachievers.

Bashing Jerry? Ha, you've been around here long enuff - who's bashed him more over the past 15 years or so than me? And I blame him for Red - but (for purposes of this discussion) Red was the no balls, gutless, over his head commander in chief last Sunday that had us sitting at home this weekend......... The line for guys who play "Not to Lose" wraps around the building - get us a freaking coach who understands what it means to "Play to Win".

You're down now, I get it. But you'll come back around by OTAs. You always do lol.

It is what it is, you know that. The bright side is you've got some young talent there. Especially at QB.