Sign in to follow this  
edjr

WGC Match Play - Geek draft (no edex implications)

Rory is out because Woodcock withdrew :lol:

Dain - Rory - Garcia - Hatton - sneds - kooch - grillo
Ed - DJ - Rahm - Oosthuizen - Casey - Molinari - Cabrera Bello
WW - Speef - Fat Pat - haas - Schwartzel - Noren - fitzy
Pat - day - japsuyama - thomas - nippleson - Fleetwood - Bubba

Chris Wood should have withdrawn, he is checked out.

Na Na Na Na hey hey goodbye will advance leaving Justin Thomas and Fitzy home for the weekend

There's supposed to be storms there today, good, I hope an F-5 tornado lands right tin the middle of the focking course :mad:

There's supposed to be storms there today, good, I hope an F-5 tornado lands right tin the middle of the focking course :mad:

:banana:

Na Na Na Na hey hey goodbye will advance leaving Justin Thomas and Fitzy home for the weekend

So annoyed I didn't take Na. Just too many good options in this field for a 4 man draft

So annoyed I didn't take Na. Just too many good options in this field for a 4 man draft

yup.

someone might win this with like 6 points

Did dain only draft 5?

Did dain only draft 5?

His last pick, grease Grillo is out too

His last pick, grease Grillo is out too

Oh okay. I didn't even see the name listed and crossed out so I thought maybe daino was going all cocky on us

They need to somehow alter the format. These fockers that are 0-2 could give 2 sh1ts, they're all mailing it in

They need to somehow alter the format. These fockers that are 0-2 could give 2 sh1ts, they're all mailing it in

been the same complaint for 3 years now.

if they went with my format, even 0 - 2 wouldn't always be eliminated.

2 from each group make it, like world cup

3 - 0

1 - 2

1 - 2

1 - 2

Line em up and play a regular bracket. Most of the players would rather it be that way. Many of the stars aren't making it out of groups anyway.

Condence the week and play a seeded 64 man bracket.

Phil just rocking it

Line em up and play a regular bracket. Most of the players would rather it be that way. Many of the stars aren't making it out of groups anyway.

Condence the week and play a seeded 64 man bracket.

That's what they used to do and after 1 day half the field is gone.

That is why they changed it.

What they should do is add a losers bracket

Rahm vs Sergio is huge. winner gets in

Same for Charl v. Casey

I also could sneak Haas in there and im going to need a Spieth win and Tanihara? Loss.

SCENARIOS FOR EVERY GROUP

GROUP 1: Dustin Johnson can clinch with a win or halve, and is guaranteed a playoff even if he loses. If Jimmy Walker and Martin Kaymer win, then it's a three-man playoff. If Walker wins and Kaymer doesn't, then it's a Johnson-Walker playoff. Webb Simpson is eliminated.

GROUP 2: Soren Kjeldsen has clinched group win. His two wins and the win he will get credited for Friday (due to Gary Woodland’s WD) gives him a maximum 3 points. Rory McIlroy and Emiliano Grillo are eliminated.

GROUP 3: Pat Perez clinches with a win or halve. If Lee Westwood wins, he will force a three-way playoff with Perez and Marc Leishman, who gets an automatic win due to Jason Day’s WD.

GROUP 4: Jim Furyk can clinch with a win, or a halve and a Hideki Matsuyama win. Ross Fisher can clinch with a win and a Matsuyama win or halve. If Louis Oosthuizen and Fisher win, they will meet in a playoff. If Oosthuizen wins and Furyk halves, they will meet in a playoff. Matsuyama is eliminated.

GROUP 5: Hideto Tanihara can clinch with a win. If Tanihara halves, then either Jordan Spieth or Ryan Moore must win to force a playoff. If Tanihara loses, then Spieth or Moore will advance with a win. If Yuta Ikeda wins and Spieth-Moore halve, then it's a four-man playoff.

GROUP 6: Kevin Na can clinch with a win or halve, or a Justin Thomas-Matthew Fitzpatrick halve. If Na loses, Thomas or Fitzpatrick can force a playoff with a win. Chris Wood is eliminated.

GROUP 7: Jon Rahm and Sergio Garcia will battle for the group win. Winner advances. Rahm will advance with a halve. Kevin Chappell and Shane Lowry are eliminated.

GROUP 8: Alex Noren has won the group. Francesco Molinari withdrew after Thursday's round with a wrist injury, meaning Noren will finish with a maximum 3 points. Bernd Weisberger and Thongchai Jaidee are eliminated.

GROUP 9: Brooks Koepka can clinch with win or halve. If he loses and Kevin Kisner wins, they meet in a playoff. Patrick Reed and Jason Dufner are eliminated.

GROUP 10: Tyrrell Hatton can clinch with a win or halve and is guaranteed a playoff spot even with a loss. Rafa Cabrera Bello and Charles Howell III must win to force a three-man playoff with Hatton. If Cabrera Bello wins and Howell doesn't, then Cabrera Bello and Hatton will be in a playoff. Jeunghun Wang is eliminated.

GROUP 11: K.T. Kim can clinch with a win or a halve, and is guaranteed a playoff even with a loss. If Bill Haas and Russell Knox win, they will force a three-way tie. If Haas wins and Knox loses, Haas and Kim meet in a playoff. Danny Willett is eliminated.

GROUP 12: The Paul Casey-Charl Schwartzel winner will advance. Byeong Hun An and Joost Luiten are eliminated.

GROUP 13: Bubba Watson advances with a win or a halve, and is guaranteed a playoff even if he loses. If Thomas Pieters and Jhonattan Vegas win, then it's a three-man playoff. If Pieters wins and Vegas doesn't, then it’s a two-man playoff. Scott Piercy is eliminated.

GROUP 14: Phil Mickelson clinches with a win or a halve. If he loses and Daniel Berger wins, they meet in a playoff. J.B. Holmes and Si Woo Kim are eliminated.

GROUP 15: William McGirt can clinch with a win or halve, or if Branden Grace-Brandt Snedeker halve their match. Snedeker or Grace must win and hope McGirt loses to force a playoff. Andy Sullivan is eliminated.

GROUP 16: If Brendan Steele wins, he clinches. He also clinches with a halve and a Tommy Fleetwood halve or loss. If Zach Johnson and Fleetwood win, they meet in a playoff. If Fleetwood wins and Steele halves, they meet in a playoff. If Johnson and Matt Kuchar win, Johnson advances. Kuchar is eliminated.

Wood comes back to take lead after down 4!! ;o

5 birdies in a row

Good stuff

C'mon Hatton you focking jerk, don't you realize I bet you this week too? :mad:

I sure can call em!

Wood is dormy at 15 :lol:

I sure can call em!

Wood is dormy at 15 :lol:

I'm shocked to have 1 already advanced amd 4 still alive.

When do they do the playoffs? right after the match?

Sergio is out. Rahm is in.

Dain - Rory - Garcia - Hatton - sneds - kooch - grillo
Ed - DJ - Rahm - Oosthuizen - Casey - Molinari - Cabrera Bello
WW - Speef - Fat Pat - haas - Schwartzel - Noren - fitzy
Pat - day - japsuyama - thomas - nippleson - Fleetwood - Bubba

When do they do the playoffs? right after the match?

I'm pretty certain they do them right after yeah

I'm pretty certain they do them right after yeah

Haven't seen the results from Haas/Kim

they both finished 2 - 1

Nope, just heard. they do the playoffs "later"

Hatton and Bello are 2 - 1 and looks like it will be a 3 way with Chuck Howell 3

I might throw up a big ol goose egg :banana:

you have to pay an extra $25 for that

Confirmed.

they play the playoffs AFTER play is done.

Really regret not taking DJ with the first pick. Dude is just on another level right now. Throttles his first 2 opponents and buries a 30 footer at the first for an early 1-up lead today. Gonna be hard for anyone to beat him in an 18 hole match.

going to be a great afternoon of golf.

already 4 playoffs set for later

Buddy McGirt wins, sneds out

if Hatton doesn't win the 3 way playoff dain doesn't even see the weekend with a single golfer

hard to accomplish without trying

Playoffs have started

They had to wait till everyone teed off so they could go back and start at 1

Playoffs have started

Fock already?? Gonna have to watch it on my phone

Buddy McGirt wins, sneds out

if Hatton doesn't win the 3 way playoff dain doesn't even see the weekend with a single golfer

hard to accomplish without trying

:overhead:

Fitzpatrick needs a miracle, he's pretty much out to Na

Haas hit it in the hazard at 2, he's probably out too

Bill Haas just hit the most ridiculous chip in of all time

Bill Haas just hit the most ridiculous chip in of all time

And then made the most ridiculous decision of all time giving his opponent a 4-footer at least for par :doh:

And then made the most ridiculous decision of all time giving his opponent a 4-footer at least for par :doh:

he was obviously still in la la land from the chip and not thinking clearly.

if I see/hear this Kuchar skechers commercial I am going to scream :mad: