Sign in to follow this  
BGKes

Hopkins or Baldwin? Who to start and who to trade ROS?

Thinking of starting Hopkins only because hes playing against a weaker defense. Its a standard league too with bonus points for long tds. Who could I get for these guys? Targeting rbs like Mixon, Martin, Peterson?

Thinking of starting Hopkins only because hes playing against a weaker defense. Its a standard league too with bonus points for long tds. Who could I get for these guys? Targeting rbs like Mixon, Martin, Peterson?

crappy Qb.

Normally I wouldnt play Hopkins unless I absolutely have to.

Week 1 stats for hopkins was with Savage at QB. (not great) but it was against the Jags.

Savage also played week 15,16, 17 last year and hopkins had solid stats in those games and Hopkins got a HUGE number of targets. So hes not worthless, but I do think a good defense will double cover Hopkins and force Savage to look elsewhere.

I agree hopkins may produce against a weaker D, but I figure it's only a matter of time until teams realize Hopkins is the only player in that offense that can hurt them. then he's facing double coverage all the time.

if you can trade him, get what you can.

If the matchup is good, I'd take the chance and play him. if he has a good game on huge targets, there is a good bet someone will make you a deal for him.

I think if he puts up a huge game and you have him on the bench, people will think you have no faith in your player and all you will get is junk offers.

but if you play him, and he puts up the numbers, you are saying(without saying anything) you have faith in the player and you will have a bit more leverage in negotiations as a result.

crappy Qb.

Normally I wouldnt play Hopkins unless I absolutely have to.

Week 1 stats for hopkins was with Savage at QB. (not great) but it was against the Jags.

Savage also played week 15,16, 17 last year and hopkins had solid stats in those games and Hopkins got a HUGE number of targets. So hes not worthless, but I do think a good defense will double cover Hopkins and force Savage to look elsewhere.

I agree hopkins may produce against a weaker D, but I figure it's only a matter of time until teams realize Hopkins is the only player in that offense that can hurt them. then he's facing double coverage all the time.

if you can trade him, get what you can.

If the matchup is good, I'd take the chance and play him. if he has a good game on huge targets, there is a good bet someone will make you a deal for him.

I think if he puts up a huge game and you have him on the bench, people will think you have no faith in your player and all you will get is junk offers.

but if you play him, and he puts up the numbers, you are saying(without saying anything) you have faith in the player and you will have a bit more leverage in negotiations as a result.

Hopkins Week 1 was his fourth highest fantasy output.

Hopkins Week 1 was his fourth highest fantasy output.

so he's had as many good games as he's had duds.

this is not unexpected with a rookie QB at the helm. Even a good rookie QB.

but if you look late last year, the one game he got 16 or 17 targets. That's huge. If this is what you have in store this week, you may wanna roll the dice.

Lots of fantasy guys go off of targets, so if this gets repeated against this weaker D and Hopkins has a huge game, you are money to trade him away (assuming that is what you wanna do)

so he's had as many good games as he's had duds.

this is not unexpected with a rookie QB at the helm. Even a good rookie QB.

but if you look late last year, the one game he got 16 or 17 targets. That's huge. If this is what you have in store this week, you may wanna roll the dice.

Lots of fantasy guys go off of targets, so if this gets repeated against this weaker D and Hopkins has a huge game, you are money to trade him away (assuming that is what you wanna do)

I'm just saying that Week 1 saw Savage/Watson look his way 16 times, completing 7 for 55 and a touch. If by 'not great' you mean literally 'it was good but not great', then okay. But if you mean 'not great' to say 'not good', that's not true :) Now, with Fuller back, I think from that one small sample size that he's got as good a chance as not of equaling that output. 7/55/1 vs the Jags, and this isn't the Jags.

Now...it was Watson who hit him for the TD. That is important.

I'm just saying that Week 1 saw Savage/Watson look his way 16 times, completing 7 for 55 and a touch. If by 'not great' you mean literally 'it was good but not great', then okay. But if you mean 'not great' to say 'not good', that's not true :) Now, with Fuller back, I think from that one small sample size that he's got as good a chance as not of equaling that output. 7/55/1 vs the Jags, and this isn't the Jags.

Now...it was Watson who hit him for the TD. That is important.

well, I dont think there is any question that Watson is the better QB.

generally what this means is that TD's will be down across the board.

Hopkins may not fare as badly as the rest because Savage seems to zone in on him. so with that many targets, He will make some plays. it's tough not to.

but I'd still expect less TD for Hopkins even if the yards dont decline much.

well, I dont think there is any question that Watson is the better QB.

generally what this means is that TD's will be down across the board.

Hopkins may not fare as badly as the rest because Savage seems to zone in on him. so with that many targets, He will make some plays. it's tough not to.

but I'd still expect less TD for Hopkins even if the yards dont decline much.

Agreed. I'm unhappy. But not as much as the Watson/Fuller/Miller owner is. His team got hurt big time by that one little ligament.

I also had Watson and Rodgers before he got hurt double whammy bad luck this yr with injuries...that said my qbs now are Goff and Big Ben. Im also trying to trade for either Wilson or dak

I think I would pick Hopkins.

That's s'more of a vote against Baldwin.

Don't see Hopkins scoring the ff points he was without Watson of course.

But Baldwin hasn't been very exciting this season either.

Great question and not an easy pick.

I like Baldwin. Obviously because Watson is gone. Also because I foresee Wilson will explode the second half in passing attacks.