Sign in to follow this  
Herbivore

Parking Violation

Both stopping and parking are prohibited in a fire lane. They wouldn't list both if there wasn't a difference.

What? Of course they would to make the law clearer to dumbasses who try to play semantics. Stay out of the focking fire lane or it is a violation.

What? Of course they would to make the law clearer to dumbasses who try to play semantics. Stay out of the focking fire lane or it is a violation.

They won't tow your car for being stopped in the fire lane. They can and will tow your car for being parked in the fire lane. That's because they are different violations based on your presence or lack thereof.

They won't tow your car for being stopped in the fire lane. They can and will tow your car for being parked in the fire lane. That's because they are different violations based on your presence or lack thereof.

No, it is the same violation either way. Same thing with speeding and many others. The cops can decide what they want to do with you (penalty for the violation) . They can tell you to just move it to avoid the paperwork, but if they wanted to be a hard-ass, they could cite you and make you pay a fine or they can tow you. That is their discretion in applying the penalty.

See, this is how statutes work - they each get their own little number assigned to them by what they cover. in this case, they have the same number (Chapter 9, Section 22500.1.) covering the same focking sentence that says "no person shall stop, park, or leave standing any vehicle, whether attended or unattended". I am not sure how clearer the law can be in this case.

No, it is the same violation either way. Same thing with speeding and many others. The cops can decide what they want to do with you (penalty for the violation) . They can tell you to just move it to avoid the paperwork, but if they wanted to be a hard-ass, they could cite you and make you pay a fine or they can tow you. That is their discretion in applying the penalty.

See, this is how statutes work - they each get their own little number assigned to them by what they cover. in this case, they have the same number (Chapter 9, Section 22500.1.) covering the same focking sentence that says "no person shall stop, park, or leave standing any vehicle, whether attended or unattended". I am not sure how clearer the law can be in this case.

That statute covers fire lanes. It lists the various types of associated violations. Stopping is one, standing is another and parking is a third. Which violation you can be cited for is determined by whether you're present or not and what you are or are not doing at the time.

That statute covers fire lanes. It lists the various types of associated violations. Stopping is one, standing is another and parking is a third.

No it doesn't. If it did, then it would have 3 separate sections to it. That is why it has separate sections for things like stopping on the highway, emergency driveways, etc.

For example: 22502 covers only stopping and parking. It doesn't indicate that that car has to be unattended. That is because they wanted to have a distinction between what is and what isn't a violation.

Now, if we take your quote, you are finally admitting that it is a violation either way (see the bolded). Good for you. It is about time.

No it doesn't. If it did, then it would have 3 separate sections to it. That is why it has separate sections for things like stopping on the highway, emergency driveways, etc.

For example: 22502 covers only stopping and parking. It doesn't indicate that that car has to be unattended. That is because they wanted to have a distinction between what is and what isn't a violation.

Now, if we take your quote, you are finally admitting that it is a violation either way (see the bolded). Good for you. It is about time.

I admitted it on page 2. :dunno:

It is what it is. What it isn't is a Parking violation.

If I'm stopped at a red curb with my vehicle idling and my foot on the brake I am legal. If I'm stopped at a red curb with my vehicle off or idling and in park it is a Stopping violation. If I'm stopped at a red curb with my vehicle turned off, in park and I've left it unattended, it's a Parking violation.

First scenario nothing happens. Second scenario nothing happens unless you or a cop decides to be an ass hole about it. Third scenario you get a well deserved ticket.

:dunno:

Cops on this forum claim laws vary by state. So, parking in a fire lane or a handicapped spot in a private parking lot might not technically be illegal if the lot isnt held open for public use.

https://forum.officer.com/forum/public-forums/ask-a-cop/traffic-enforcement-questions/55592-can-you-write-tickets-in-parking-lots/page2

None of them followed you back here did they?

None of them followed you back here did they?

I didnt post there. Just read some comments on the topic at hand.