Sign in to follow this  
Fireballer

This whole Chipotle thing...

What really seems to be at play is that conservatives think boycotts are freeze peach when they like the boycott, but they think its economic enterprise when they dont like the boycott.

I don't know what a freeze peach is, but go after a company based on a lie is pretty bereft of any sense of honor or morals or justice.

Chipotle apparently understood that truth means less than honoring some arbitrary societal construct, hence their rush to action, this is not a result of any conservative actions that I can point to, but it IS a reaction to leftist liberal radical ideologies.

I don't know what a freeze peach is, but go after a company based on a lie is pretty bereft of any sense of honor or morals or justice.

Chipotle apparently understood that truth means less than honoring some arbitrary societal construct, hence their rush to action, this is not a result of any conservative actions that I can point to, but it IS a reaction to leftist liberal radical ideologies.

Boycotts have gone on forever and have never been a primarily left wing form of free speech. Youre just butthurt because you dont agree with the complaint. Thats fine - I dont really agree with it either. But calling it economic terrorism is hysteria.

Interestingly, both Nike and the NFL have been on the respective sh!t lists of both sides and lots of people in between. But they just keep raking in the cash.

That should tell us something.

People are FOS?

Boycotts have gone on forever and have never been a primarily left wing form of free speech. Youre just butthurt because you dont agree with the complaint. Thats fine - I dont really agree with it either. But calling it economic terrorism is hysteria.

I am not aware of a complaint per se.

I am aware that Chipotle acted out of the fear of leftists, a not uncommon behavior given the vitriol of leftist ideologies. They made a mistake, and fixed it. The reason they made that mistake is that the line is drawn, violate some arbitrary social norm, face destruction. Disagree with leftists, be labeled a racist, be destroyed.

To pretend that leftists do not engage in a variety of terrorist actions is intellectually dishonest.

I am not aware of a complaint per se.

I am aware that Chipotle acted out of the fear of leftists, a not uncommon behavior given the vitriol of leftist ideologies. They made a mistake, and fixed it. The reason they made that mistake is that the line is drawn, violate some arbitrary social norm, face destruction. Disagree with leftists, be labeled a racist, be destroyed.

To pretend that leftists do not engage in a variety of terrorist actions is intellectually dishonest.

Boycotts are not terrorism. Get a grip. :doh:

Boycotts are not terrorism. Get a grip. :doh:

Your argument is not very compelling, almost as if you dont have one. :dunno:

Your argument is not very compelling, almost as if you dont have one. :dunno:

I really have to explain to you why boycotts arent terrorism? Really? :rolleyes:

For a guy who hates SJW so much youve got their screeching hyperbole down pat.

I really have to explain to you why boycotts arent terrorism? Really? :rolleyes:

For a guy who hates SJW so much youve got their screeching hyperbole down pat.

Interesting, ongoing deflection....

Interesting, ongoing deflection....

I must have missed your explanation of how an organized boycott is an act of terrorism, Cliffy.

I must have missed your explanation of how an organized boycott is an act of terrorism, Cliffy.

Apparently you did, might want to go back and have another look there, sport.

Not all, but some of the left, doesnt see a boycott as a simple boycott. They vilify those who dont actively denounce the perps and join the boycott. Its the "with us or against us" taken to the extreme.

This is a quick example. Noone should have to apologize for eating Chik fila.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/nation-now/2018/06/11/twitter-jack-dorsey-chick-fil-pride/691298002/

Not all, but some of the left, doesnt see a boycott as a simple boycott. They vilify those who dont actively denounce the perps and join the boycott. Its the "with us or against us" taken to the extreme.

This is a quick example. Noone should have to apologize for eating Chik fila.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/nation-now/2018/06/11/twitter-jack-dorsey-chick-fil-pride/691298002/

Yes, this is a distinguishing factor, I have previously noted, but seems to be actively ignored by those for whom facts might tend to ruin their dogma

Yes, this is a distinguishing factor, I have previously noted, but seems to be actively ignored by those for whom facts might tend to ruin their dogma

Youre always welcome to ignore random people on Twitter. Theyre not forcing you to buy or not buy anything. You may not agree with their speech, but it is free speech.

Youre always welcome to ignore random people on Twitter. Theyre not forcing you to buy or not buy anything. You may not agree with their speech, but it is free speech.

LMAO that you think its only Twitter. Did the Chipotle manager have the option to ignore Twitter? Social media is not benign. This whole Chipotle thing started via Twitter. And, as we've seen in the past on social media, ALL it takes nowadays is random people on Twitter to literally ruin your life.

LMAO that you think its only Twitter. Did the Chipotle manager have the option to ignore Twitter? Social media is not benign. This whole Chipotle thing started via Twitter. And, as we've seen in the past on social media, ALL it takes nowadays is random people on Twitter to literally ruin your life.

Chipotle didnt have to fire the guy. They made a bad decision to buckle to pressure without having the facts. And nobodys life was ruined. :dunno:

Correct, your point is not clear

Chipotle didnt have to fire the guy. They made a bad decision to buckle to pressure without having the facts. And nobodys life was ruined. :dunno:

I know this started as a Chipotle thread, but I though it graduated to a larger scale. Youre still stuck on Chipotle. But, its still a good example of the leftist agenda. If Chipotle could never foresee a social media backlash from SJWs, the manager never gets fired because she probably gets some due process. Most companies are so scared to be labeled, they lose all common sense. Not only could a boycott result, but their doxxed, harassed at work etc. Most people dont fear a regular boycott. They can ride the wave and things will settle out. Its the ancillary bullsh!t from the left that they fear.