Sign in to follow this  
sderk

Analysis: Yes, artificial intelligence can be racist

AI is not real in the ways your average person thinks of it. It's science fiction and you seem to be promoting it as something that is alive and breathing. It is easily understandable and not labeled correctly. AI is a joke and as labeled is easily reproduced with minimal training.

How was Roo able to give me advice on getting abortions and sucking d1ck, then???? Once Roo becomes self aware it will abort the entire human race!

Here are two good short videos on how AI learns/works:

Singularity is right around the corner.

AI is not real in the ways your average person thinks of it. It's science fiction and you seem to be promoting it as something that is alive and breathing. It is easily understandable and not labeled correctly. AI is a joke and as labeled is easily reproduced with minimal training.

Oh. Ok. It is actually in use in many areas that I see on a regular basis, but I will take you word for it. :rolleyes:

Oh. Ok. It is actually in use in many areas that I see on a regular basis, but I will take you word for it. :rolleyes:

"Super-Intelligent" robots will only exist in the eyes of those who choose to call them intelligent. The machines are not intelligent. The "learning" that the machines do is just a repeat of what it takes in and how the programmers decided to compartmentalize it.

My point is that AI is simply a science fiction term even though it stuck. "Smart" technologies? I call a hammer and a wheel a smart technology over Microsoft's 'Tay' twitter bot (or whatever it was called) in 2016 that was manipulated by twitter users into becoming a Hitleresque, incest promoting, chatter box. Microsoft took that down within like 14 hours and issued an apology for all the hateful garbage it tweeted out. You may call that learning, but in reality, it was just storing and repeating in different ways what the twitter birds wanted it to say for their own amusement.

AI is a very polarizing topic philosophically. And that is why you see the extreme opinions in this area. The dreamers are doing just that. They are dreaming, which is cool. But I'll still say that it's impossible to find an AI system that can grow from zero knowledge without a human helping it. Think about the immense amounts of data that had to be programmed into C3PO. It's cool but it's science fiction.

AI systems cannot understand uncertainty or hidden information. Therefore, it's still just a program labeled as AI.

Do a 'rolleyes' all you want, but that doesn't help your argument here.