Sign in to follow this  
mark32esu

Big draft day decision...NEED HELP

It’s that time of year again where I say F this heat & humidity, give me shorts & hoodie weather with football on tv and it’s bliss for me. But anyway, draft day is Sunday night before Labor Day, 12 team league of friends, live redraft on my deck, I have a major decision to make. Pork butt or brisket. I made this same thread last season where pork butt won out, but am throwing a curveball this year. Pork butt, straight brisket, or...taking two briskets, curing the flats and making smoked pastrami for sandwiches and making burnt ends from the points. All aspects must be taken into consideration, main focus on pork butts being cheap and relatively easy to make, to brisket and brisket side products being more involved but they are the commissioner of flavortown (sorry). What say you FFtoday?

edit- I am well versed in the art of smoking brisket, well smoking any meats in general, and making pastrami from scratch

If it's smoked to perfection, then it really don't matter.....it's all good.

I would recommend focusing on starting a new tradition. To determine draft position, draw names out of a bowl containing doggie biscuits with each owners name on it. Last season's last place finisher must then eat his doggie biscuit in front of everyone.