Sign in to follow this  
AxeElf

Draft Kings Lineup

I don't do as much DFS as I used to--back in the glory days of FanDuel and Draft Kings before they were overrun by sharks and thieves and good men died like dogs, but to help kill some time before the season starts, I took a look--and there are some pretty good options for the Sunday slate at Draft Kings.

QB - Jameis Winston $6600 Home opener against the #25 pass defense of the 49ers.

RB - Joe Mixon $6700 AJ Green is out; Mixon should play the Gurley role in this McVay's disciple's offense in a ball-control battle with Seattle.

RB - Chris Carson $5700 The other side of the same battle; Carson could be the week's #1 RB at home against an expected-to-be-terrible Bengals' run defense.

WR - Adam Thielen $6800 Atlanta takes the 30th-ranked pass defense from last year on the road to a shootout in the Vikings' dome, and Stefon Diggs is gimpy.

WR - Tyler Lockett $6000 Seattle can't run EVERY down, and about the only credible receiving threat they have is Lockett.  If anything, Cincinnati's pass defense may be even worse than its run defense.

WR - Cooper Kupp $5700 Kupp was the #4 PPR WR early in 2018 before he got hurt, and he has more red zone targets per game and touchdowns per game than Michael Thomas over the past two seasons.

TE - Austin Hooper $3200 Not sure how game-ready Julio Jones is going to be, and Hooper is a much more likely red zone target anyway with TE whisperer Dirk Koetter in town.

Flex - Austin Ekeler $5500 Doubling down on the Austins, Ekeler should be in line to put his career 5.3 ypc average to work for the Gordonless Chargers at home against the 25th-ranked run defense of the Colts, and catch a few passes out of the backfield as well.

DST - Baltimore Ravens $3800 A top-ranked defense against the highly questionable Miami offense.

Remaining - $0

It may not be a tournament-winning team, but I bet it's good enough to cash in the Double Up and 50/50 games.

- Played Winston in season-long but with so many good options at QB, didn't think he was necessary at DK.
- Didn't give Ekeler enough consideration. Thought there were too many other RBs with guaranteed touches. Was concerned Justin Jackson may eat into his workload.

So, I ended up on this lineup...

QB Carson Wentz
RB Dalvin Cook
RB Christina McCaffrey
WR Chris Godwin
WR Adam Thielen
WR Dede Westbrook
TE Hunter Henry
Flex Chris Carson
D/ST Panthers

1 minute ago, Mike FF Today said:

- Played Winston in season-long but with so many good options at QB, didn't think he was necessary at DK.
- Didn't give Ekeler enough consideration. Thought there were too many other RBs with guaranteed touches. Was concerned Justin Jackson may eat into his workload.

So, I ended up on this lineup...

QB Carson Wentz
RB Dalvin Cook
RB Christina McCaffrey
WR Chris Godwin
WR Adam Thielen
WR Dede Westbrook
TE Hunter Henry
Flex Chris Carson
D/ST Panthers

You probably beat me; Winston and Mixon killed my score.

If you had Lamar Jackson, CMC, and Sammy Watkins, you pretty much had the nuts unless you had complete garbage elsewhere.  I also went with Winston.   Man, he sucks!!   lol

41 minutes ago, Bills04 said:

Didn't FFT previously have a link / article on DFS plays each week?  I don't see it (yet?) this season?

We did. Honestly, it wasn't getting a lot of reads each week so I wasn't planning on doing it again this season, but if there's enough cry for it, we can bring it back. I also did a lineup review article each week. Not sure which one you're referring too but if you have a preference, let me know.

55 minutes ago, Maulers1973 said:

If you had Lamar Jackson, CMC, and Sammy Watkins, you pretty much had the nuts unless you had complete garbage elsewhere.  I also went with Winston.   Man, he sucks!!   lol

It was tough to do, but I had some Mahomes - Watkins stacks in tournaments that didn't cash because the rest of my lineup was garbage. 😠

Mike, et al:  *I* liked the before and after articles.  It helped me consider angles / data,  and what I might have missed.

We can have discussions on this Forum Board in lieu of formal articles, though!

I don't have my full Wk 1 team handy, but I went with:  PHI QB Wentz (x2; DET QB Stafford in 1); SEA RB; DET RB K. Johnson (ugh); JAX WR Westbrook; PHI WR D-Jax; MIN WR1 (x2; TB WR M Evans in 1); KC TE T. Kelce; and BAL DEF.