Sign in to follow this  
wolves111

Brady or Ryan at QB

Logic would indicate a 77-0 score as Brady throws 9 td's. Miami would be a bad NCAA team. However I have a nagging feeling N/E will just throw enough to win and win a relatively low scoring game. Am I over thinking?

18 minutes ago, erikthebassist said:

I dunno, Atlanta just looks Baaaad RN. I'd go Brady. Belecheat likes to run up scores traditionally. 

Don't forget that Ryan put up 304/2/2 (+ 24 yds rushing) even in a "bad" game.

2 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Don't forget that Ryan put up 304/2/2 (+ 24 yds rushing) even in a "bad" game.

All in Garbage time. Don't get me wrong, Ryan will get his this year, I just think Brady is the hot hand at the moment with the juiciest matchup in the universe. 

Just now, erikthebassist said:

All in Garbage time. Don't get me wrong, Ryan will get his this year, I just think Brady is the hot hand at the moment with the juiciest matchup in the universe. 

Still saying coin flip, +/- 2 pts of each other.

• Like 1

Wish I understood the betting science of football a little better. So N/E opens -14, o/u 48 and now is -19, 48 1/2. Seems like bookies want to take in Miami money because all the bets are for N/E to cover. But the total hasn't moved. What does that mean?

Birds open -1 1/2, 51 vs Atlanta and now -1 1/2, 53. 

Jezzuz I'm confused.

I think the heat in Miami and lopsided score will limit Brady. Don't let AB's first game raise the hopes that aren't realistic the first time in an offense.

Philly will score, a lot! Ryan, has to keep up or go 0-2...

2 hours ago, wolves111 said:

Wish I understood the betting science of football a little better. So N/E opens -14, o/u 48 and now is -19, 48 1/2. Seems like bookies want to take in Miami money because all the bets are for N/E to cover. But the total hasn't moved. What does that mean?

Birds open -1 1/2, 51 vs Atlanta and now -1 1/2, 53. 

Jezzuz I'm confused.

It's not really that hard; the line moves based on how people are betting.  When more people are betting on the favorite to cover, the line increases until an equal number of people are betting on the underdog.  This insures that no matter who wins, the house profits from the vig.

Same goes for the over/under.  If more people are betting one way or another, then the total moves the other way until the betting equalizes on both sides.

Brady