Sign in to follow this  
erikthebassist

WR Help - who to start this week and who to trade for a TE

Hey guys, I need some help, 12 team league, 16 roster spots, 1 flex. full PPR, must start an RB, WR and TE. 

2 guys in the league are hoarding TE's, ruining my chances to stream them which was my plan. I have McCaffery and SIngletary and Jones for RB's so I'm set there because I only ever plan to start one of them. I have a glut of WR's, so not only do I need to decide who to start this week, but I need to see who I can bundle in a trade for a TE. Trades open Tuesday. 

So my WR's are:

Evans

Edelmann

Diggs

John Brown

Mclaurin

Gallup

Sheppard

My TE is Blake Jarwin, the top TE off the wire this week. (Hooper was there but the hoarder paid $47 FAB out of $200. I bid $30 for him.)

I already started Evans and he sh&t the bed, so now I'm torn between Edelamn, Diggs, J Brown, Gallup and maybe even Singletary as my WR2 and flex. I'm thinking since I'm already off to a bad start with CMC and Evans having such bad nights, that I should swing for the fences and sit the probably safe 12 to 15 pts I'll get from Edelmann and / or Diggs and go Brown, Gallup or Singletary and swing for the fences. 

Your thoughts?

Then beyond that, of that WR core, who would you bundle to go after Ertz?

Ertz owner is hurting at WR: C Davis, D Parker, J Landry and C Ridley. The Kelce and Kittle owners are both pretty set at WR and don't have good back up TE's. The Kelce owner is thin at RB but he has Jacobs so I don't see him biting on Singletary. 

The Waller owner has Engram so I might be able to poach Waller, plus he has Brady and josh Allen and could use some WR help, so I might like to go after Waller and Allen considering my QB's are Cousins and Goff. 

I would start Edelman and Brown, but you do indeed have an embarrassment of riches there.

For the trade I would target Waller, since his owner is more likely to think that he's selling high, and he won't demand the price that I'm sure the Ertz owner would demand.  I would think you could trade just about any of your WRs straight up for Waller, especially if they all continue to have strong performances in Week 2.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

I would start Edelman and Brown, but you do indeed have an embarrassment of riches there.

For the trade I would target Waller, since his owner is more likely to think that he's selling high, and he won't demand the price that I'm sure the Ertz owner would demand.  I would think you could trade just about any of your WRs straight up for Waller, especially if they all continue to have strong performances in Week 2.

Since trading doesn't open until Tuesday I guess it all sort of boils down to who has a good week 2 to go with their good week one huh. 

Is Chris Herndon available? If so, I'd grab him.  Once he comes back and Darnold gets healthy, I believe he'll be a top option at TE.  You can still win a league without a quality TE.  You can't win a league by hoarding them.

7 minutes ago, FantasyRetard said:

Is Chris Herndon available? If so, I'd grab him.  Once he comes back and Darnold gets healthy, I believe he'll be a top option at TE. 

Herndon is overhyped.

The Jets just aren't good enough to make Bell, Anderson, Crowder, MAYBE Demaryius Thomas (now that Enunwa is out for the year), AND a TE all fantasy relevant.  Trading some of his WR depth for Waller is his best bet here.

4 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Herndon is overhyped.

The Jets just aren't good enough to make Bell, Anderson, Crowder, MAYBE Demaryius Thomas (now that Enunwa is out for the year), AND a TE all fantasy relevant.  Trading some of his WR depth for Waller is his best bet here.

I respectfully disagree.  Darnold's Mono certainly sets the Jets offense back, but when he comes back, I expect to see some improvement in their play.  I also think that Herndon will be a favored target for Darnold, averaging 5-8 targets a game.

I'd offer Diggs and....Gallup? McL? For Ertz. Whatever one has a good week. You'll probably rarely start those 2 with your other receivers (I don't stash people for bye weeks). At least that should be respectable enough for him to counter.

32 minutes ago, RabidSeaCows said:

I'd offer Diggs and....Gallup? McL? For Ertz. Whatever one has a good week. You'll probably rarely start those 2 with your other receivers (I don't stash people for bye weeks). At least that should be respectable enough for him to counter.

Nah, no need to give up TWO serviceable WR2s for an Ertz that isn't going to outscore a Waller by very much in very many weeks anyway.

In Week 1, Waller outscored Ertz 14.0 to 10.4.

Go for the cheaper, but functionally equivalent, Waller.

• Like 1