Sign in to follow this  
AintNoStoppinMeNow

RB Handcuff Lottery

Talking strictly handcuffs here and not RBBC backs/muddled backfields. Who do we like rest of season as purely a stash on your bench potential lottery ticket? We just saw Wayne Gallman jump into relevancy. Who could be next?

Automatically we'll eliminate Alexander Mattison and Tony Pollard as they are the top two handcuffs and mostly rostered. That leaves us with the following...

Ravens: Gus Edwards/Justice Hill

Steelers: Jaylen Samuels (getting dropped a lot recently)/Benny Snell

Bengals: Gio Bernard 

Lions: Ty Johnson

Cardinals: Chase Edmonds

Seahawks: CJ Procise/Travis Homer

Jets: Ty Montgomery

Browns: Dontrell Hilliard

Panthers: Reggie Bonnafon/Jordan Scarlett

Rams: Malcolm Brown ( getting dropped a lot recently)

Saints: Latavius Murray (getting dropped a lot recently)

Jagars: Ryquell Armstead 

Potential FA signing by a team like the Giants or other: CJ Anderson, Zach Zenner, Benny Cunningham, Jay Ajayi, Spencer Ware, etc.

Latavius Murray will be back when Brees is.  They will lean HEAVILY on Kamara in his absence.  He's still a great stash for later in the season though.  He can put up RB2 numbers when that offense is healthy.  I would also expect them to give Kamara a break, or many of them, prior to the end of the season, but after Brees returns.  Provided they are still in the playoff hunt when he returns, I think Murray is a great investment for the final weeks and playoffs, IF, you have nothing else. 

Ty Montgomery will be better when Darnold returns.  I don't see him being more than a bye week Flex option, but it's still not bad if you have nothing else. 

Justice Hill is rostered in my leagues for the most part.

Jaylen Samuels should have relevance, but the Steelers keep trotting out an unhealthy Connor.  I don't get it, but it makes picking him up risky.  That said, IF he's ever used, he has talent. 

Wouldn't Rashaad Penny fit into this discussion instead of CJ Procise/Travis Homer?  

The guys I've been able to snag and are stashing in various leagues where I have room are Pollard. Penny, L. Murray, Mike Davis (didn't see him mentioned), and CJ Anderson (in case he's signed somewhere).

Also, let's not forget about Bryce Love. Don't know what kind of shape he'll be in when he is eligible to return in a couple of weeks, but with Guice out, he has some potential upside.

So this is basically a Death Pool for RBs?

I typically don't roster handcuffs/backups in normal-sized leagues.  I'd rather have 4-5 guys who I can start productively in any given week than waste a couple of roster spots just hoping for an injury (and then hoping that the backups perform as well as the incumbents).

1 hour ago, BuschWack said:

Wouldn't Rashaad Penny fit into this discussion instead of CJ Procise/Travis Homer?  

I didn't add Penny as he's owned in 60% of Yahoo leagues but a lot of upside with him if he's available and with Carson's fumbling lately. 

• Like 1