Sign in to follow this  
dogcows

PPR Flex

For week 5, I need a good flex option in my PPR league:

James White, Allen Robinson, Curtis Samuel, Golden Tate

Hmmm, all good options.... I think I would roll with Tate. Normally I take a wait and see approach with guys coming back after a long absence but I think rookie QB's love their Experienced WR a little too much.

• Like 1

Tate is the first one I'll rule out--first game back, Shepard is the apple of Jones' eye, and the Giants have the least-favorable defensive matchup--the Vikings are #8 against the pass.

Samuel is averaging 10.6 fantasy points on the season, but he's averaging 11.3 fantasy points in his two games with Allen at QB--and the Jaguars are #21 against the pass and trending downward without Jalen Ramsey.

White and Robinson are both averaging 13.0 fantasy points per game in the games they have played (only 3 for White), but both have kind of favorable situations in that some of their usual competition for targets is out (Gabriel) or questionable (Burkhead, Edelman).  White is probably the most reliable of the Patriots' RBs, but he also has limited upside.  The Redskins are #16 against the pass and #29 against the run.

Robinson has the most-favorable matchup for passing defenses, against the #27 Raiders.  He is also probably going to be more of the focus of his team's offense than any of your other options, although he is catching passes from the Bears' backup QB--and then you never know how players will react to playing in London.

So it's really pretty close between Samuel, White and Robinson, but because of Robinson's greater importance to his team's success, the absence of Gabriel, his greater PPG average overall, and having the best defensive matchup of the four--Axe Elf declares Robinson to be your best option.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dogcows said:

For week 5, I need a good flex option in my PPR league:

James White, Allen Robinson, Curtis Samuel, Golden Tate

White

I think White will see a lot of passes.  Go with him.

See mine

• Like 1

Thanks to AxeElf - I am glad I took your advice this week. I almost started James White, but I thought the Pats would crush Washington and just run the ball with Michel... that is what happened.

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 11:00 AM, AxeElf said:

Tate is the first one I'll rule out--first game back, Shepard is the apple of Jones' eye, and the Giants have the least-favorable defensive matchup--the Vikings are #8 against the pass.

Samuel is averaging 10.6 fantasy points on the season, but he's averaging 11.3 fantasy points in his two games with Allen at QB--and the Jaguars are #21 against the pass and trending downward without Jalen Ramsey.

White and Robinson are both averaging 13.0 fantasy points per game in the games they have played (only 3 for White), but both have kind of favorable situations in that some of their usual competition for targets is out (Gabriel) or questionable (Burkhead, Edelman).  White is probably the most reliable of the Patriots' RBs, but he also has limited upside.  The Redskins are #16 against the pass and #29 against the run.

Robinson has the most-favorable matchup for passing defenses, against the #27 Raiders.  He is also probably going to be more of the focus of his team's offense than any of your other options, although he is catching passes from the Bears' backup QB--and then you never know how players will react to playing in London.

So it's really pretty close between Samuel, White and Robinson, but because of Robinson's greater importance to his team's success, the absence of Gabriel, his greater PPG average overall, and having the best defensive matchup of the four--Axe Elf declares Robinson to be your best option.

I actually liked the breakdown on this one.  Well thought out.  Robinson did, in fact, have the best game of the group.  Daniels is not a bad QB at all and is likely the best backup in the league.  I watched him at Mizzou during his tenure and he creates plays very well on his own.  Just like at Mizzou, when the play broke down against the Raiders, he looked for his top target.