WR: Julio, Hopkins, Golladay, John Brown, Dede Westbrook, Auden Tate 

RB: Kerryon, Michel, Breida, 

TE: Mark Andrews, Austin Hooper 

Kicker : Butker 

D/ST: Patriots 

With Brisett on a bye, I need to drop someone and pick up a QB: 

Drop candidates: Tate, Brisett 

pickup candidates: Jimmy G, Minshew 

I am leaning towards dropping Brisett and picking up Jimmy G. 

Thoughts? 

2 hours ago, Kunal said:

Here is my team - 

QB: Brisett

WR: Julio, Hopkins, Golladay, John Brown, Dede Westbrook, Auden Tate 

RB: Kerryon, Michel, Breida, 

TE: Mark Andrews, Austin Hooper 

Kicker : Butker 

D/ST: Patriots 

With Brisett on a bye, I need to drop someone and pick up a QB: 

Drop candidates: Tate, Brisett 

pickup candidates: Jimmy G, Minshew 

I am leaning towards dropping Brisett and picking up Jimmy G. 

Thoughts? 

Either Jimmy g or Minshew for Brissett works. 

If we knew Minshew would be the QB for the rest of the season, and not just until Foles gets back, I'd say drop Brissett for him and run.

But since we don't, I'd lean a little more toward carrying two QBs during Brissett's bye.  With the WRs you have, when are you really going to start Westbrook or Tate?  I'd drop one of them (probly Tate).

I'd drop  Brissett and Tate and pick up Jimmy G and Minshew.  Westbrook is droppable too if you want to keep Brissett or add any other players.

47 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

I'd drop  Brissett and Tate and pick up Jimmy G and Minshew.  Westbrook is droppable too if you want to keep Brissett or add any other players.

Why would you drop Brissett for someone who is averaging 3 fantasy points per week LESS than him?

There should really be a licensing procedure for giving fantasy football advice...

24 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Why would you drop Brissett for someone who is averaging 3 fantasy points per week LESS than him?

There should really be a licensing procedure for giving fantasy football advice...

That's in the past.  Jimmy G is a better QB than Brissett.  He hasn't had to do much a couple games because the defense and the running game has carried the team.

1 minute ago, Gepetto said:

That's in the past.  Jimmy G is a better QB than Brissett.  He hasn't had to do much a couple games because the defense and the running game has carried the team.

But now the running game is going to faceplant with Tevin Coleman back, they'll go with second stringers on defense in the future, and Garoppolo is about to emerge as the next Peyton Manning.

Ok, good luck with that.

2 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

But now the running game is going to faceplant with Tevin Coleman back, they'll go with second stringers on defense in the future, and Garoppolo is about to emerge as the next Peyton Manning.

Ok, good luck with that.

Brissett just had 10 fantasy points.

1 minute ago, Gepetto said:

This past week?  In your standard fantasy scoring for QBs (1 pt per 25 yds passing, 1 pt per 10 yds rushing, 4 pt pass TDs, 6 pt rush TDs, -1 INTs, -2 FUM) Brissett scored 11.9 fantasy points against the Chiefs.  It was his lowest output of the season so far (16.5, 17.3, 20.8, 23.5).

Garoppolo scored 14.9 fantasy points this past week against Cleveland.  It was his second-highest output of the season, having scored less than Brissett's 11.9 points in 2 out of his other 3 games so far (11.4, 23.7, 11.4).

Your point?

12 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

This past week?  In your standard fantasy scoring for QBs (1 pt per 25 yds passing, 1 pt per 10 yds rushing, 4 pt pass TDs, 6 pt rush TDs, -1 INTs, -2 FUM) Brissett scored 11.9 fantasy points against the Chiefs.  It was his lowest output of the season so far (16.5, 17.3, 20.8, 23.5).

Garoppolo scored 14.9 fantasy points this past week against Cleveland.  It was his second-highest output of the season, having scored less than Brissett's 11.9 points in 2 out of his other 3 games so far (11.4, 23.7, 11.4).

Your point?

I'm not sure how many leagues penalize for fumbles and / or int anymore, but I see your point. I think the point you make without intending to though is that Brissett, Jimmy and Minschew are all a wash, just like every other midland QB that you can't predict from week to week if they are going to exceed or fall short of their most optimistic projections. 

27 minutes ago, erikthebassist said:

I'm not sure how many leagues penalize for fumbles and / or int anymore...

Conservatively, about 95% of them.

27 minutes ago, erikthebassist said:

I think the point you make without intending to though is that Brissett, Jimmy and Minschew are all a wash, just like every other midland QB that you can't predict from week to week if they are going to exceed or fall short of their most optimistic projections. 

There is a point to be made (and one that I make frequently as a corollary to my iron law of QB trading--"Never, ever, EVER trade a player of value for a QB") that for fantasy purposes, once you get past the top handful of QBs, QB6 through QB17 tend to be functionally equivalent, typically finishing within a couple of fantasy points per week of each other when the season is over.

That's pretty much true so far this season as well, with 6 QBs averaging over 23 fantasy points per game, QBs 7-18 averaging between 16.4 and 20.3 fantasy points per game, and then QBs 19 on down averaging less than 15.5 fantasy points per game.

Minshew and Brissett are virtually identical as QB12 and QB13, averaging 18.1 and 18.0 fantasy points per week, respectively--but Garoppolo belongs to that third group, even WITH his Week 2 outlier (and if not for that game, he'd be averaging something like 12.5 fantasy points a week).  That is a significant difference.

Therefore, the most advantageous plan for the OP is to drop Tate and roster both Minshew and Brissett as functionally equivalent QBs, playing the more favorable matchups between the two over the course of the season.  Rostering Garoppolo over either one of them would be foolhardy.

7 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Conservatively, about 95% of them.

There is a point to be made (and one that I make frequently as a corollary to my iron law of QB trading--"Never, ever, EVER trade a player of value for a QB") that for fantasy purposes, once you get past the top handful of QBs, QB6 through QB17 tend to be functionally equivalent, typically finishing within a couple of fantasy points per week of each other when the season is over.

That's pretty much true so far this season as well, with 6 QBs averaging over 23 fantasy points per game, QBs 7-18 averaging between 16.4 and 20.3 fantasy points per game, and then QBs 19 on down averaging less than 15.5 fantasy points per game.

Minshew and Brissett are virtually identical as QB12 and QB13, averaging 18.1 and 18.0 fantasy points per week, respectively--but Garoppolo belongs to that third group, even WITH his Week 2 outlier (and if not for that game, he'd be averaging something like 12.5 fantasy points a week).  That is a significant difference.

Therefore, the most advantageous plan for the OP is to drop Tate and roster both Minshew and Brissett as functionally equivalent QBs, playing the more favorable matchups between the two over the course of the season.  Rostering Garoppolo over either one of them would be foolhardy.

Provided Foles doesn't come back, which I don't think he does as a starter. Just from a marketing POV, the pressure on the coach to start the stauche is going to be tremendous unless he steps on his own d*#ck between now and then.

11 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Your point?

FFToday QB scoring J Brissett week 5 vs KC Chiefs

10.9 points

https://fftoday.com/stats/players/15522/Jacoby_Brissett?LeagueID

151 yards passing, 0 TDs, 1 INT

9 yards rushing, 1 rushing TD

151 passing = 6 points

1 INT = -2 points

9 yards rushing = 0.9 points

1 rushing tD = 6 points

Total = 10.9 points

12 hours ago, AxeElf said:

-1 INTs

1 hour ago, Gepetto said:

1 INT = -2 points

It's not a big mystery; you're getting 10.9 because your scoring system takes 2 pts off for an INT, and I'm getting 11.9 because FantasyPros scoring system takes 1 pt off for an INT.  In neither case is this true:

13 hours ago, Gepetto said:

But now we're just quibbling about a point or two here or there on Brissett's worst outlier of the season, without which he would be averaging 19.5 fantasy points per game in his other four games.  We are still left with the fact that without Garoppolo's best outlier of the season, he would be averaging 12.6 fantasy points per game in his other three games.