Sign in to follow this  
stonewall

Week 8 Scoop and Play WR

Options for those with bye week/injury issues, or just wanting to be a maverick and take a flier. Caveat: I often don't know what I'm talking about.

Jaron Brown - Seahawks

Yes, Lockett and Metcalf receive all the attention, and perhaps rightly so, but that attention could well open up the door for the forgotten man this weekend...#3 WR Jaron Brown, who is only 0.3% owned in NFL.com leagues. The 7th year receiver outta Clemson has good size (6' 2") and speed (4.40 - 40), and gets a very favorable draw this week against the Falcon defense that has allowed the 2nd most passing yards per game and the 2nd most points per game so far this season. Yes, he has only 14 receptions on the season, but did play a season-high 60% of the offensive snaps this past week, garnering 6 targets for 60 yards. With Dissly on the shelf, he did get a red zone target as well, that he didn't haul in.....but snagged 2 TD's in week 6, his only scores on the season. After getting horse-whipped by the Ravens last week, look for Russell Wilson to put up some points this week. With the already over-matched Falcons secondary struggling to contain Lockett and Metcalf, look for the the forgotten man to come through. Prediction: 4/76/1

Deep Dive: James Washington - Steelers

The former Oklahoma State stud, who was on many WR sleeper lists this preseason, has managed to come through with a paltry 140 yards, to date. Optimism was renewed when his former college QB became the starter in Pittsburg, but was quickly extinguished again when he continued to be a pedestrian receiver, at best. After missing week 6 with a shoulder injury, he is practicing in full, and expected to be back in action along with his QB Rudoplh against the vaunted Dolphin defense on Monday night, who are allowing 417 yards per game, which is the third highest in the league. They are also allowing 35.1 points per game. Furthermore, opponents are completing 69% of passes, and they have allowed the third most passing touchdowns per game. Yes, JuJu and Diontae are not going away....but let's not completely disregard the history between Rudolph and Washington. I think it’s safe to say that a QB-WR duo that connected for 35 touchdowns, 206 receptions and 4,188 yards through 42 games across four seasons together on the same college team is rather unprecedented, even in the Big 12. Washington, no doubt, has talent buried away in there. He won the Biletnikoff Award for most outstanding receiver, and is the Okla State all-time receiving leader with 4,472 yards.....and that includes the likes of Justin Blackmon, Hart Lee Dykes, Rashaun Woods, and Dez Bryant. Now, perhaps, Tomlin just decides to run Conner into the ground.....but it only takes one long bomb on the big stage Monday night to rekindle the lethal connection of days gone by. Prediction: 3/92/1

• Like 2

Diontae Johnson - Steelers (12% owned in Yahoo leagues)

In the last three games that Mason Rudolph started, Diontae Johnson's stats were:
20 targets, 14 receptions, 156 yards, and 2 TDs

Mason was knocked out in the 3rd quarter of the week 5 game against the Ravens, but now he's back and a big upgrade over Devlin Hodges.

Disclaimer: My last scoop and play suggestion laid a big fat turd, so take this with a grain of salt.

A Humpries, vs is old team the Bucs.  

Didn’t happen. 

Sorry. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, weepaws said:

This, Tannehill spread it around last week, this week Humphries eats in a revenge game.

1 minute ago, rallo said:

This, Tannehill spread it around last week, this week Humphries eats in a revenge game.

Rallo, would you start Gaffney, Gabriel, or Booker?

(Didn't know if you saw the old thread I bumped from 2005. You have been posting awhile!)

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, stonewall said:

(Didn't know if you saw the old thread I bumped from 2005. You have been posting awhile!)

Haha, just read it, if only we had AxeElf back then... 

33 minutes ago, stonewall said:

Haha, just read it, if only we had AxeElf back then... 

Edit, also, I can't tell if I'm chasing stats or if this Amendola thing will be a trend... KJ on IR and the offense seemed to move through Danny last week, can he keep it up against this Giants secondary? Does NYG offense actually keep pace and force Det to mix it up?

3 minutes ago, rallo said:

Edit, also, I can't tell if I'm chasing stats or if this Amendola thing will be a trend...

Hard to say. Last time I rolled out a WR against that putrid Giants secondary, it netted me less than 2 points (Fitzgerald)

That being said, I'm doubling down on Marvin Jones in one league. Stafford surely won't forget how reliable he was in the red zone last week...

19 hours ago, rallo said:

Quoted for the goose egg 

2 hours ago, rallo said:

Quoted for the goose egg 

Yup, a swing and a miss on my first one. Relying on Washington now to even things out....yikes

On 10/25/2019 at 11:25 PM, weepaws said:

Didn’t happen. 

Sorry. 

Darn. 

So close but yet so far. 

But I do think Humpries would be a very good guy to have on any organization. 

Getting the feeling that the Unicorn (Preston Williams) could have a good game tonight....first chance to introduce himself to the world.

of course, that’s assuming that there’s some Fitzmagic conjured up.