Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Was at Walmart today

basically, it seemed like business as normal. Except for the fact that I seriously feel like one of the ghosts in Pac-Man and the Walmart employees trying to stock stuff while I was there were desperately trying to avoid me/us.

then there's the grumpy old suckers who just glare at you if you're anywhere near them. Listen pops, it ain't Lyme disease. The disease isn't jumping off my body like ticks off a deer.

And, whoever proposed it, should win an award. Kids should not be allowed in such environments During these conditions. They're too f****** stupid to understand social distancing.

Or hey, here's a thought. Maybe be a f****** parent.

During the worst of the crisis here in Panzhihua, while the rest of the city was a ghost town, the Walmart was always at around medium capacity. I'd seen it both more full and more empty. They did (still do) require masks for entry and do a temperature check with the thermometer gun. (The thermometer guns were at every checkpoint, and I always found them useless.  By the nature of this disease, if I'm infected, I could be contaminating people for a week before my temperature goes up.)

19 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

basically, it seemed like business as normal. Except for the fact that I seriously feel like one of the ghosts in Pac-Man and the Walmart employees trying to stock stuff while I was there were desperately trying to avoid me/us.

then there's the grumpy old suckers who just glare at you if you're anywhere near them. Listen pops, it ain't Lyme disease. The disease isn't jumping off my body like ticks off a deer.

Good for them, they should try to avoid you and they should glare at anyone that gets close. Even the "experts" are still debating how this spreads, with some evidence of aerosol spreading and some evidence against it.

Stay away from people.

I went to Sam's Club around 6 tonight.  They had a limit on how many could be in the store at one time.  It was awesome.  So few people.  Driving and shopping right now are glorious minus the store being out of stock of some necessities.  It's like 2/3 of the planet died and I ain't gonna lie, as long as I'm one who lived I don't think I would mind it too much.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, fandandy said:

I went to Sam's Club around 6 tonight.  They had a limit on how many could be in the store at one time.  It was awesome.  So few people.  Driving and shopping right now are glorious minus the store being out of stock of some necessities.  It's like 2/3 of the planet died and I ain't gonna lie, as long as I'm one who lived I don't think I would mind it too much.  

fandandy enters the Thanos fanclub.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Voltaire said:

fandandy enters the Thanos fanclub.

Thanos only wanted half.  He would think fandaddy was psycho.