Sign in to follow this  
vuduchile

My son pitched for the first time last night

I always tell young pitchers the same thing. When you get out there hit the 1st batter as hard as you can with the ball. And then stare into the dugout and say anybody takes their bat off their shoulder gets the same business. Then just go to work. Its really a simple game.

In other news, 3 kids from a local travel team tested positive for corona today.  They’re not allowed to come back until they’re given the all clear. 

I suspect the knee-jerkers to arrive on scene any time now, demanding all youth baseball be shut down.  

Stay tuned.  

On 7/10/2020 at 8:56 PM, vuduchile said:

I think so too. He likely won’t play past HS, but he’ll always have that first game pitching.  

He literally shocked everyone.  Every teammate and parent congratulated him after the game.  He was king of the hill for a night.  

And after playing a round of golf tonight, he asked me to take him to practice pitching tomorrow and Sunday so he could get ready for Monday’s game.  

That's fantastic!! 😃

• Like 1

I'll never forget my first pitching experience in little league. We were up by 1 going into the final inning. I was asked to move from shortstop to pitch the last inning. I walked the bases loaded to start the inning. Then the coach came out and just told me to strike out the next 3 guys. Then I actually did. It was fun. Meaningless, as I didn't pursue baseball, but it was unforgettable, for me anyway.

Firsts are a big thing in life. I remember my first stolen base. My first double.

My first time with a chick at 15.   :banana:

I even remember the first time I heard the word 'c*nt'. It was on a grade school bus. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

My boy made his first varsity start as a junior tonight.   6IP, 3ER, and really only one rough inning as 5 of the innings were scoreless and only in the third did he give up multiple hits that led to a few runs.   I think I remember him only waking one batter and had a couple strikeouts but that may not be completely accurate.   He was really excited, and really nice for a dad to see your kid realize success when they are extremely determined to succeed!

On 7/10/2020 at 1:32 PM, vuduchile said:

Still pending.  We're still waiting to find out if we'll have a football season.  

Update?