Sign in to follow this  
Alias Detective

Greatest boxing career?

It’s hard to argue best boxer because of weight differences. Who had the best boxing career?

I’ll go Floyd Mayweather.  

You?

4 hours ago, Alias Detective said:

It’s hard to argue best boxer because of weight differences. Who had the best boxing career?

I’ll go Floyd Mayweather.  

You?

Hard to argue that.  Very hard.  Like about impossible.

Beat the best.  Made the most money (as a bonus). Finished undefeated.  There was no one else to beat.

When I first read the topic...I was like "Hey... this could be cool".

Then I opened it, read, then thought of about 20 fighters that were "elite" ... Then was like..."well fock"

That's kinda the end of the thread, really. 

Someone may say Rocky Marciano....he finished undefeated at heavyweight. He only weighed 185.  So, does that mean he should make the list or be taken off?  Zero chance at least in my head) that he touches anyone of the modern heavyweights.   Not in the ballpark though. 

If we take Mayweather out of the equation, then we could get good discussion going. 

It's Floyd.   

If he didn't have hand issues his career would have been even more epic

Julio Cesar Chaves 107-6-2 with 88 knockouts

Muhammad Ali won 22 heavyweight championship fights. 

5 hours ago, tubby_mcgee said:

Hard to argue that.  Very hard.  Like about impossible.

Beat the best.  Made the most money (as a bonus). Finished undefeated.  There was no one else to beat.

When I first read the topic...I was like "Hey... this could be cool".

Then I opened it, read, then thought of about 20 fighters that were "elite" ... Then was like..."well fock"

That's kinda the end of the thread, really. 

Someone may say Rocky Marciano....he finished undefeated at heavyweight. He only weighed 185.  So, does that mean he should make the list or be taken off?  Zero chance at least in my head) that he touches anyone of the modern heavyweights.   Not in the ballpark though. 

If we take Mayweather out of the equation, then we could get good discussion going. 

6 hours ago, tubby_mcgee said: