Sign in to follow this  
Utilit99

Take on me.....Fock off if you don't like it...

5 minutes ago, Twinsdad said:

I like the brass too, the vocals on the Spotify version are better than this one, but probably not enough to sway you.  Another ska cover I like is the Saving Ferris cover of Come on Eileen.

It's definitely not my genre, so you're probably right.  As for Come on Eileen, I thought the original was horrible.  Now, that doesn't mean the cover will be.  Not to delve to far into the topic of Sound of Silence like Porkbutt and Timmy eluded too, but I thought the Simon and Garfunkel version was terrible and unlistenable, but found Disturbed's version to be pretty good.  It's possible that Saving Ferris' version could be substantially better than Dexys'.

2 minutes ago, Twinsdad said:

I like the brass too, the vocals on the Spotify version are better than this one, but probably not enough to sway you.  Another ska cover I like is the Saving Ferris cover of Come on Eileen.

Best cover of Come on Eileen is this:

3 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Best cover of Come on Eileen is this:

That is Save Ferris, not Not Doubt.  See my post edited to add the link

17 hours ago, Voltaire said:

I really have to credit you, I wasn’t expecting to like these but I clicked on them anyway. I wasn’t very far into the first song before I realized I was wrong and pleasantly surprised. Then the second one turned out to be just as good as the first. These are excellent covers, you sure know how to pick them.

Do these bands have other 80s covers that you’d recommend, or better, new original songs with an 80s sound?

Here's a couple other ones done quite well.