Sign in to follow this  
polecatt

Saquon Barkley questionable for Week 2

The Giants play the Washington Football Team on Thursday night to start Week 2 of the 2021 NFL season.

As we know Barkley is coming off a major knee injury and was limited in action last week, in his first action in nearly a year.

The short week is certainly not ideal, but maybe the extra time after this game will help.

In any case, it's difficult to see the knee getting back to full strength while playing football. I think Barkley and his fantasy owners could be in for a long season.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32214360/new-york-giants-running-back-saquon-barkley-listed-questionable-thursday-washington-football-team

1 hour ago, polecatt said:

The Giants play the Washington Football Team on Thursday night to start Week 2 of the 2021 NFL season.

As we know Barkley is coming off a major knee injury and was limited in action last week, in his first action in nearly a year.

The short week is certainly not ideal, but maybe the extra time after this game will help.

In any case, it's difficult to see the knee getting back to full strength while playing football. I think Barkley and his fantasy owners could be in for a long season.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32214360/new-york-giants-running-back-saquon-barkley-listed-questionable-thursday-washington-football-team

I'm not surprised.

dude didnt get much work in during pre season either.  hes probably a good 6 weeks behind where he normally is at this time of year and thats not even taking the injury into account.

45 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

I'm not surprised.

dude didnt get much work in during pre season either.  hes probably a good 6 weeks behind where he normally is at this time of year and thats not even taking the injury into account.

He's clearly not fully recovered.

He's gonna be limited for a while. Hopefully that's all it is, but it could very easily go further South.

Not a good season to own him

Last season wasn’t a good season to own him. 

1 hour ago, polecatt said:

He's clearly not fully recovered.

He's gonna be limited for a while. Hopefully that's all it is, but it could very easily go further South.

Not a good season to own him

I dont disagree.

I have him in a keeper league of mine.  so dumping him isnt really an option.

but I planned for this possibility.   I drafted my third RB ahead of where some teams were drafting their second just so I wouldnt get caught if the recovery takes longer than expected.

I figured Barkley would likely be subpar in the first half of the season, and would put up respectable numbers in the second half.

if Barkley put up numbers sooner than that..... I'd consider it a bonus.

Thats how I approached the situation.  Barkley hasnt left my bench yet this year and probably wont until he shows signs of life.

A Thursday night game against a defense featuring four 1st-round draft picks on the D-line isn't a recipe for getting better, either.

43 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

A Thursday night game against a defense featuring four 1st-round draft picks on the D-line isn't a recipe for getting better, either.

No it's certainly not 🤣

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

that would be another reason to continue to sit him on my bench.