Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

GMs, Coaches Fired / Hired

Well .. Joe Brady was LSU's passing game coordinator and wide receivers coach in 2019.  Brady was honored with the 24th annual Broyles Award recognized as the top assistant coach during the 2019 college football season.  2019 was Joe Burrow's record setting season, with 60 passing TDs.

6 hours ago, Bills04 said:

Well .. Joe Brady was LSU's passing game coordinator and wide receivers coach in 2019.  Brady was honored with the 24th annual Broyles Award recognized as the top assistant coach during the 2019 college football season.  2019 was Joe Burrow's record setting season, with 60 passing TDs.

Some guys are just better suited for the college game, I guess...

Big time hire by the Gmen today, D Jones better produce next season.  

6 hours ago, Bills04 said:

He’s going to enjoy working with Allen , good hire.  

Pederson...?

Weird fit, isn't it?  KC and Philly featured TE-centric offenses; that's not really where the Jags have talent.  Maybe Etienne won't be the secret weapon he could have been...

He's a decent coach... not sure how great he is though.  I think once he gets a good QB, that team could be better.  I'd like to thank the Jags and Lawrence for being the biggest #1 draft pick QB bust away from Tampa and Winston.  I mean, was there even a practice squad QB worse than Lawrence?  That dude SUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKKEEEEDDDDDD!!!

34 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I'd like to thank the Jags and Lawrence for being the biggest #1 draft pick QB bust away from Tampa and Winston.

JaMarcus Russell was worse than Winston.

That should make those Rooney rules lovers happy. 

Oh the Saints will be making those Rooney rule lovers very angry.  🥺

Yeah, Saints flubbed that one for sure--but hey, we'll keep Bienemy for another year.

I would have liked to see what he could have done with the Saints' offense though; now we get to see what the offensive genius that made Rod Streater the Raiders' leading WR can do with Jameis Winston.

From what I understand, the JAX HC job "was" Leftwich's.  *He* told the Owner he couldn't work with the GM Baalke.  The Owner sided with the GM.

Yeah, I heard the same.  I don't blame him entirely.  If I'm going to be the HC, I'd want to make sure that I can trust the people in place.  Though, I mean, he has what many consider the ideal franchise QB there.  Personally, I think Lawrence is going to prove to be a bust, but that's besides the point.  Many people around the NFL, from what I've heard, think the sky's the limit for Lawrence.  If I'm going to a team for my first HC gig and I have a franchise QB in place, I think I take the job... regardless of any reservations I may have.

Wow..  It will be interesting to see how TB's offense does in 2022.  I think a lot of peeps view TB's OC as Arians, kind of like in KC, with Reid and Bieniemy.  I know at least once Brady "called his own play" vs. using what was called in by Leftwich in 2020.  It was at the end of a game, they were 3rd and long (8?), and had the lead.  Tom changed the play to a deep out for Godwin, and completed it - game over.

2 hours ago, Bills04 said:

Wow..  It will be interesting to see how TB's offense does in 2022.  I think a lot of peeps view TB's OC as Arians, kind of like in KC, with Reid and Bieniemy.  I know at least once Brady "called his own play" vs. using what was called in by Leftwich in 2020.  It was at the end of a game, they were 3rd and long (8?), and had the lead.  Tom changed the play to a deep out for Godwin, and completed it - game over.

This doesn't change anything.  People who think "TB's OC as Arians", are wrong.  It was Arians system, but Leftwich is/was the OC and play caller.  That said, this is Tom Brady's offense, regardless of who's calling the plays or who the OC is.