Sign in to follow this  
makindollaz

Which 2 of these 4 would you keep?

Keep 7 in this league.  I’ve pretty much locked in Kamara, Dobbins, Jeudy, Sutton & Pitts.

Deciding between 4 for the other 2 spots…Dak, Gibson, M. Thomas & Aiyuk.

Full PPR, 6 pt TD’s for QB’s, not superflex.

Gibson would have been a no brainer 2 weeks ago, but a little nervous now about what I’m seeing/hearing out of camp.

Dak, Aiyuk. 

Aiyuk is someone I didn’t even target in any of my three drafts last year, but I posted a few months ago I like the news that him and starting Qb Lance have been working out together.  

13 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Dak, Aiyuk. 

Aiyuk is someone I didn’t even target in any of my three drafts last year, but I posted a few months ago I like the news that him and starting Qb Lance have been working out together.  

Was leaning towards Aiyuk over Gibson, and Thomas over Dak.  Follow the Saints pretty close and a lot of chatter about Thomas looking like his old self…also I think I could keep Thomas, and still draft Dak.  I pick 8th when the draft starts, and 6 of the 7 teams ahead of me are very likely to keep QB’s.

If that’s the case, then I would agree with you OP.  

Dak is one.

I really like Aiyuk but M Thomas is a tempting one.  based on past performance hes the guy you probably want, but hes been oft injured.  Fully healthy hes potentially the Best WR in the league.  his last healthy year he got 1700 yards.

if you are gonna swing for the fences, hes the guy  you want.   super high upside but also high risk.

Aiyuk is medium to high upside with medium risk.   the risk for him is getting benched again, but early camp reports on him are good.

Depending on how many QB's are out there you could risk throwing Dak back and keep Aiyuk and Thomas.

problem is we cant give advice on that as we dont know your league all that well.   given the large # of keepers, you may want to hold Dak.   Though I think he wont have as good a year as hes had in the recent past.

what type of QB do you think you will be able to get if you dont Keep Dak?  Maybe thats the question we should be asking before deciding on the Dak keeper.

2 hours ago, Ray_T said:

Dak is one.

I really like Aiyuk but M Thomas is a tempting one.  based on past performance hes the guy you probably want, but hes been oft injured.  Fully healthy hes potentially the Best WR in the league.  his last healthy year he got 1700 yards.

if you are gonna swing for the fences, hes the guy  you want.   super high upside but also high risk.

Aiyuk is medium to high upside with medium risk.   the risk for him is getting benched again, but early camp reports on him are good.

Depending on how many QB's are out there you could risk throwing Dak back and keep Aiyuk and Thomas.

problem is we cant give advice on that as we dont know your league all that well.   given the large # of keepers, you may want to hold Dak.   Though I think he wont have as good a year as hes had in the recent past.

what type of QB do you think you will be able to get if you dont Keep Dak?  Maybe thats the question we should be asking before deciding on the Dak keeper.

Unless someone does something really stupid in the draft, I should be able to either get Dak back, or get Murray.

6 of the 7 teams ahead of me will likely keep a QB, and we’re not superflex.  Another owner has Allen & Murray and I can’t see him keeping both.

17 minutes ago, makindollaz said:

Unless someone does something really stupid in the draft, I should be able to either get Dak back, or get Murray.

6 of the 7 teams ahead of me will likely keep a QB, and we’re not superflex.  Another owner has Allen & Murray and I can’t see him keeping both.

maybe the solution is to throw Dak back and keep the two WR.  come back and take a QB early and you've got most of your positions covered.

its an option.   not saying its the best option.  to some degree this is a know your league thing,  but if you can get a comparable QB to Dak there is really no sense of urgency in terms of keeping him.

Kyler Murray is a fine option too. (I don't see that guy keeping him over Allen)

for me, the decision to keep (or not) really comes down to whether you can get the player back at a cost similar to keeping.    you haven't stated any sacrifice of a certain pick in the draft, so I'm assuming you keep any 7 and then have either a draft or an auction to divvy up the rest of the players.

so basically your first round pick is the equivalent to an 8th round pick in redraft.   if you can get Kyler Murray or Dak in round 8, you really have no reason to keep Dak.   2 solid options (and likely more you havnt mentioned)   I'm not as high on Dak since hes lost one of his starting WR and his division looks like it will be improves somewhat this year, so not as many super easy matchups where he can rack up stats.   So maybe keeping the WR is the way to go.

in the end its your call, but I think Keeping both WR (Aiyuk and M Thomas) is a legit option and then grab a QB in the first round or two of the draft.

3 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

maybe the solution is to throw Dak back and keep the two WR.  come back and take a QB early and you've got most of your positions covered.

its an option.   not saying its the best option.  to some degree this is a know your league thing,  but if you can get a comparable QB to Dak there is really no sense of urgency in terms of keeping him.

Kyler Murray is a fine option too. (I don't see that guy keeping him over Allen)

for me, the decision to keep (or not) really comes down to whether you can get the player back at a cost similar to keeping.    you haven't stated any sacrifice of a certain pick in the draft, so I'm assuming you keep any 7 and then have either a draft or an auction to divvy up the rest of the players.

so basically your first round pick is the equivalent to an 8th round pick in redraft.   if you can get Kyler Murray or Dak in round 8, you really have no reason to keep Dak.   2 solid options (and likely more you havnt mentioned)   I'm not as high on Dak since hes lost one of his starting WR and his division looks like it will be improves somewhat this year, so not as many super easy matchups where he can rack up stats.   So maybe keeping the WR is the way to go.

in the end its your call, but I think Keeping both WR (Aiyuk and M Thomas) is a legit option and then grab a QB in the first round or two of the draft.

About 90% sure I’ll do what you described. That’ll give me a top 5 QB and top 3 TE, and done with those 2 positions after what amounts to 8 rounds.  Load up the rest of the draft with RB’s & WR’s until the last 2 rounds when I go D/ST and K.

• Like 1

M Thomas now has a hammy problem, Gibson isn’t going to maintain is strong hold as the Redskins rb1, Dak and Aiyuk would be the correct answer.  

How do you see it jrokh? 

20 minutes ago, weepaws said:

M Thomas now has a hammy problem, Gibson isn’t going to maintain is strong hold as the Redskins rb1, Dak and Aiyuk would be the correct answer.  

How do you see it jrokh? 

If I wasn’t confident I could get Dak (or Murray) in the draft, I think I’d do what you stated.  Even with the iffy hamstring, I don’t think I could get Thomas back at pick 8.  

4 hours ago, makindollaz said:

If I wasn’t confident I could get Dak (or Murray) in the draft, I think I’d do what you stated.  Even with the iffy hamstring, I don’t think I could get Thomas back at pick 8.  

no based on reputation and past scoring history, someone will take him pretty quick if you dont keep him.

so if you want Thomas, you have no alternative but to keep him.  Hammy injury or not.

Ok, before I post what happened post-draft, how it impacted my roster is a big fat nothing compared to the Robinson shooting and his recovery.  BUT…

1. I didn’t protect Gibson as one of my 7.

2. I’m playing the guy in Week 1 who drafted Gibson.

3. The news about Robinson was about 24 hours after our draft.

1 hour ago, makindollaz said:

Ok, before I post what happened post-draft, how it impacted my roster is a big fat nothing compared to the Robinson shooting and his recovery.  BUT…

1. I didn’t protect Gibson as one of my 7.

2. I’m playing the guy in Week 1 who drafted Gibson.

3. The news about Robinson was about 24 hours after our draft.

Agreed.