Sign in to follow this  
jtztdm

Lamb for Josh Jacobs---is it a fair trade?

Patterson went on the IR today and I am left with no good rb's. Was offered Jacobs for Lamb in a ppr . I still have 2 good wr's if he goes but not sure if its worth it? Any help is appreciatted.

I like jacobs a lot more than his ADP showed.   I'll say that much.    He was being drafted  in some leagues as a low end RB2 or in some cases even as an RB3.

Ceedee is putting up WR2 numbers right now and may or may not move into WR1 territory like hes been in the past.   Not sure on Prescott's status at this time.  They say he cannot yet grip the ball in one report, but then another says they are eyeing a week 5 return.  not sure the two reports fit together all that well.  I'd bet he sits another week.

Jacobs is likely in RB1 territory based on current stats and the monster week he had this week, but I expect him to finish as a high end RB2.

That said,   if you need a RB in a bad way I dont know that you have better options.      if you have other good WR maybe this is the deal.

without looking at your whole roster, its tough to say for sure.

2 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

I like jacobs a lot more than his ADP showed.   I'll say that much.    He was being drafted  in some leagues as a low end RB2 or in some cases even as an RB3.

Ceedee is putting up WR2 numbers right now and may or may not move into RB1 territory like hes been in the past.   Not sure on Prescott's status at this time.  They say he cannot yet grip the ball in one report, but then another says they are eyeing a week 5 return.  not sure the two reports fit together all that well.  I'd bet he sits another week.

Jacobs is likely in RB1 territory based on current stats and the monster week he had this week, but I expect him to finish as a high end RB2.

That said,   if you need a RB in a bad way I dont know that you have better options.      if you have other good WR maybe this is the deal.

without looking at your whole roster, its tough to say for sure.

All summer you talked about how much you liked Jacobs. 

FYI,  the sharks in your pool also smell blood.

you may get a lot of terrible offers.  this one isnt ideal but its not as horrible as what I'd expect you would get.

if in dire need of a RB, I'd probably think about this.

Based on what you said OP I would do it.  

Who else do you own at WRs and Rbs?  

Just now, weepaws said:

All summer you talked about how much you liked Jacobs. 

I did.   and hes had a couple so so games and a monster game.

sample size is too small still but I like the guy.  for sure hes worth more than his ADP was this year.

but thats not the issue.  the question is whether hes worth more than CeeDee Lamb.    a WR1 in the past (likely overvalued a bit)  whose starter is now hurt

I would counter with Jacobs and a WR3 with upside like a Doubs or London type.

2 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Based on what you said OP I would do it.  

Who else do you own at WRs and Rbs?  

that's kinda where I'm at, but I'd really need to see the roster to say for sure he should do this or not.

I think hes giving up a bit more than fair market, but hes also in a tough position.   it may make sense to overpay a bit in the situation.

1 minute ago, jrokh said:

I would counter with Jacobs and a WR3 with upside like a Doubs or London type.

There is also this.  you can ask for a throw in.   if he doesnt give you one, you can likely go back and accept the original offer.

My remaining wr's are 

Brown- Det , Sutton -Den, London- ATL....others rb is Elliott who is god awful and I do have Harris from the Pats...

I hope this clears up things...

5 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

that's kinda where I'm at, but I'd really need to see the roster to say for sure he should do this or not.

I think hes giving up a bit more than fair market, but hes also in a tough position.   it may make sense to overpay a bit in the situation.

Brown, sutton, london wr

Harris from pats and elliott are rbs

I would take it, if the Zeke is best you have , I would take it.  

3 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I would take it, if the Zeke is best you have , I would take it.  

and you have sufficient depth to cover up that loss.

given your need, I think you gotta take the deal.  I dont mind the idea of asking for a throw in, but at the same time if he gives you one, you gotta open up another roster position to make room for the new player.   a 2 for 1 deal is never truly 2 for 1 because you need to drop someone anyhow.

24 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

Ceedee is putting up WR2 numbers right now and may or may not move into RB1 territory

Axe Elf dead lead pipe lock guarantees that CeeDee Lamb will never move into RB1 territory.

But at WR13 currently in PPR scoring, he only needs to outscore Chase by 0.2 fantasy points to move into WR1 territory.

It is a BIT of an overpay, but needing the RB, I'd probly swallow hard and take the offer.

2 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Axe Elf dead lead pipe lock guarantees that CeeDee Lamb will never move into RB1 territory.

I have fixed the typo.  thanks for pointing that out.

and yes, I agree, The OP probably need to swallow hard and take the offer.

I'm not sure a better one is coming.