Sign in to follow this  
Larry David

The Ultimate "Sell High" Scenario

Looking to make this offer.  Let me know if I'm crazy.  This for a dynasty league where all the players involved can be kept indefinitely without losing draft picks or any nonsense like that. It's a standard (non-ppr) one QB league.

I offer Ken Walker III + one of these WRs; Lamb, Higgins or Waddle + Trevor Lawrence.

I get Jonathan Taylor + Jalen Hurts.

I think I would pass.  

In dynasty?

No way I would offer that.

Who is to say Kenneth Walker isn't gonna be better than Johnathan Taylor going forward? He's having a better season this year and he's just been the starter for 2 games. I know Taylor has been injured but he's not exactly killing it when he's in there either. He's two years older and he's likely already had his best season.

Trevor Lawrence is still very young, and Jalen Hurts plays the kind of style that won't last long. Hurts is hot right now, but he's far from a sure thing going forward.

Lamb, Waddle, or Higgins? These are 3 of the top young WR prospects and you're just giving one away.

No, I don't like this deal at all

2 minutes ago, polecatt said:

In dynasty?

No way I would offer that.

Who is to say Kenneth Walker isn't gonna be better than Johnathan Taylor going forward? He's having a better season this year and he's just been the starter for 2 games. I know Taylor has been injured but he's not exactly killing it when he's in there either. He's two years older and he's likely already had his best season.

Trevor Lawrence is still very young, and Jalen Hurts plays the kind of style that won't last long. Hurts is hot right now, but he's far from a sure thing going forward.

Lamb, Waddle, or Higgins? These are 3 of the top young WR prospects and you're just giving one away.

No, I don't like this deal at all

Thanks for the analysis.  This is why I say it's a "sell high" scenario.  It's possible that over the next few weeks, Walker comes down to earth a little and JT gets healthy and starts putting up monster numbers again.  Then it would be impossible to pull of this trade and I'll have missed my window.  Very interesting.

19 minutes ago, Larry David said:

Thanks for the analysis.  This is why I say it's a "sell high" scenario.  It's possible that over the next few weeks, Walker comes down to earth a little and JT gets healthy and starts putting up monster numbers again.  Then it would be impossible to pull of this trade and I'll have missed my window.  Very interesting.

True. But you're forgetting Trevor Lawrence was the most highly rated QB prospect in years and had a season wasted by Urban Meyer. No reason he can't be an elite option in the next few years and as good as Hurts. I just don't like the fact that you're having to throw in one of the best young WRs in the NFL for (what could end up being) minor upgrades at QB and RB.

4 hours ago, Larry David said:

You would pass if you were the Taylor owner, I assume?

No if I was the one offering to much , that would be the OP.