Sign in to follow this  
bfros

Swift or Sanders ROS?

Which one you like rest of season (not just this week). I am 7-1 and will likely make playoffs, so I'm especially eyeing weeks 16 and 17 in my league. 1/2 ppr. 

Swift not yet back to full health but getting closer and has obvious big upside, esp in PPR. Playoff schedule: @Car, Chi (very easy, esp week 17)

Sanders on better offense. Playoff schedule: @DAL, NO  (and hopefully Phi not resting their starters in week 17)

Swift can’t seem to get healthy or even stay healthy this season.  Plus J Williams just keeps earning more touches   

I like Sanders, but the Eagles sitting him late into the season is a concern. 

Just saw that he did practice today. 

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

Just saw that he did practice today. 

Yes he practiced. He did not suffer a set-back. no new injuries. Det is easing him back slowly. Very slowly. I suppose my question is mostly about the risk of trading for Swift now while his value is still relatively low to his perceived potential. Even in games where he is limited and not receiving goal-line work, he is still producing. Great offensive line. Hockenson gone, so maybe more short-area targets. 

Just wondering if I should get out now on someone like Sanders and grab Swift before his value shoots past the Miles Sanders trade level. I'm also eyeing end of season matchups since my record is 7-1. That said, his value could tank, but I **only** see that happening if he gets hurt again. I am not afraid of J.Williams or limited touches over the next couple weeks. he is exlosive and his touches will increase if he doesn't get hurt again.  

I would keep Sanders. 

Im in the same boat with Swift trying to predict his current and future value. .5ppr i can move him now for Lamb basically. Im contemplating. Williams aint goin away, not even close. I dont mind him being eased but whats his upside really?  Hes dynamic as hell but whats his upside vs downside?  The trade on the table is Swift/Kirk for Lamb/Hunt. Ugh

OP: The problem for Swift, is that Jamal Williams is the true goal line back, & he's also capable of ripping off a long TD.

Swift is obviously more talented, but if he can't stay healthy, you have to look at the bottom line.

Week 1

1st 10:23 - DET 2nd & 1, at PHI 1
Jamaal Williams rushed to the right for 1 yard touchdown (Austin Seibert made PAT)

4th 14:19 - DET 1st & 1, at PHI 1
Jamaal Williams rushed to the left for 1 yard touchdown (Austin Seibert made PAT)

Week 3

1st 6:49 - DET 1st & 2, at MIN 2
Jamaal Williams rushed to the left for 2 yard touchdown (Austin Seibert made PAT)

3rd 2:14 - DET 1st & 10, at MIN 13
Jamaal Williams rushed to the right for 13 yard touchdown (Austin Seibert made PAT)

Week 4

2nd 0:03 - DET 4th & 1, at SEA 1
Jamaal Williams rushed up the middle for 1 yard touchdown (Dominik Eberle missed PAT)

3rd 6:39 - DET 2nd & 7, at DET 49
Jamaal Williams rushed up the middle for 51 yard touchdown (2pt attempt converted, Jared Goff run)

Week 8

1st 13:03 - DET 1st & 7, at MIA 7
Jamaal Williams rushed up the middle for 7 yard touchdown (Michael Badgley made PAT)

2nd 13:49 - DET 2nd & 1, at MIA 1
Jamaal Williams rushed up the middle for 1 yard touchdown (Michael Badgley made PAT)

I'd have to say Sanders.