Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

Open MRI is the bees knees!!

I have had 5 MRIs over the years and they are the worst experience.  They have this Open Mri ...wow was that easy...I wasted a valium for nothing lol.  I highly reccomend Open MRI if u have to get one.

• Thanks 1

Luckily I will never have to get an MRI again, but after having an MRI in the tight tube, I would have loved to have the Open MRI...

Mine have all been in the open giant circular spaceship looking thing. I would not be able to go into the enclosed tube. 

The tube is the absolute suck...especially for 45 minutes.  My first one was in the basement of an older hospital...had earplugs and muffs...jammed in a tube...omg it sucked..I am not claustrophobic..but I was ready bail.

I had another onr where they put a mirror above your eyes so you could see out and see your feet...didnt help...still sucked.  The third one was carried on a semi trailer that visited the hospital 3 days a week...had music headphones...and was a hair wider...that one wasnt too bad.

This one today was awesome...with music..no earplugs...and no tubes...just a wide flat table..with a thing above you.  Tech was a cutie too 

Damn.  That’s good to know.  I had one about 8-9 years ago and it was the same panic tube that I had 25 years ago.  I’ve been a confined space technician for over 20 years and an MRI is just as bad as any tight spot I’ve been in.

One of my favorite uncle's died largely because that technology didn't exist back in the day. Granted, he had a huge belly too. But he was absolutely terrified of the two. Ended up dying of a relatively slow-moving tumor on his spine.

Honestly, he literally would have preferred to die than ever going in the tube.