Sign in to follow this  
League Champion

AJ Brown to Eagles: Sign Jalen Hurts or Trade Me

46 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

sample size is too small.  he was playing for a somewhat disfunctional Jacksonville team and still produced reasonably well.   remember his last year as starter he injured his hand, tried to play through it and ended up having to sit a bit to get healthy.

I think if I was the GM of a QB needy team and I didnt have a top draft pick to get one or the cash to sign a top guy..... I'd see if he is willing to accept a team friendly deal to start for me.

I think if I'm the Saints, or Tampa, I'd strongly consider an option like him.  They dont have high draft picks or cap space, so this is an option for them.

If your purpose is to tank, this would be sound strategy…

If Minshew is a starter he's a low end starter on a crap team, that's it. He's a RaRa cheerleader type, ala Baker Mayfield or Carr type but nowhere near as good as Carr. 

If we're being honest outside of a few good games he's got some really bad film 

4 hours ago, League Champion said:

If Minshew is a starter he's a low end starter on a crap team, that's it. He's a RaRa cheerleader type, ala Baker Mayfield or Carr type but nowhere near as good as Carr. 

If we're being honest outside of a few good games he's got some really bad film 

This is probably where hes at.

if the pieces in the offense are decent, he can probably produce decently.  but he maxes out as a mid range starter.

for now, i'd treat him as a bridge QB and see where that goes.   for me the best fit is Tampa.   They have cap problems, not a lot of draft capital so hed be a guy I would target if I'm the Tampa GM.

That team just needs to tough it out for a year or two.   they are upside down right now in terms of the talent funnel and they need to right the ship.   Fournette may be a buyout.  turns out he was playing with a lis franc injury much of the season (which explains his poor production).  Terrible injury for a RB.  

I would rather have Wentz over Minshew, i thought Minshew was awful filling the in for Hurts.  

8 hours ago, weepaws said:

I would rather have Wentz over Minshew, i thought Minshew was awful filling the in for Hurts.  

yes, if Wentz has his head screwed on straight.

some rumours that he didnt have the dedication to his craft.   if thats where hes at, you dont want a guy like that even as a bridge QB.   That kind of attitude spreads like wildfire then nobody cares and the team tanks.

if he doesnt have his head screwed on straight hes a backup at best.

6 hours ago, Ray_T said:

yes, if Wentz has his head screwed on straight.

some rumours that he didnt have the dedication to his craft.   if thats where hes at, you dont want a guy like that even as a bridge QB.   That kind of attitude spreads like wildfire then nobody cares and the team tanks.

if he doesnt have his head screwed on straight hes a backup at best.

If he doesn’t retire I would rather have him over Minshew. 

18 hours ago, Ray_T said:

Fournette may be a buyout.  turns out he was playing with a lis franc injury much of the season (which explains his poor production).  Terrible injury for a RB.  

wow, a day or so after this post, and now Fournette is being released.

no surprise really.

On 2/22/2023 at 5:02 PM, Ray_T said:

This is one I wouldnt be worried about.  he got them to the superbowl.   They are not gonna let him walk now.

Rex Grossman got the Bears to a super bowl and he didn't have that philly team from last year. 

Have fun philly paying for good players in the coming years. 

I think they just signed their doom. 

1 hour ago, seafoam1 said:

Rex Grossman got the Bears to a super bowl and he didn't have that philly team from last year. 

Have fun philly paying for good players in the coming years. 

I think they just signed their doom. 

yes, but Sexy Rexy wasnt the reason that Bears team made it that far.

in this case I dont know that Philly makes it to the superbowl without Hurts so it is a different situation.

and yeah, they paid for someone who showed they can get them there.   But there are plenty of teams who pay for guys who have shown less than what Hurts has shown.

if he plays like he did last year, I dont think anyone will complain about that contract.

while I'm not big on throwing out that kind of money at one player, I, at least can understand why they did it.   

14 hours ago, seafoam1 said:

Rex Grossman got the Bears to a super bowl and he didn't have that philly team from last year

Don't compare Philly to Chicago. The Eagles have amazing personnel & probably the best front office in all of football. The Eagles aren't going anywhere for the next 10 years. 

The Bears were a fluke 

3 hours ago, League Champion said:

Don't compare Philly to Chicago. The Eagles have amazing personnel & probably the best front office in all of football. The Eagles aren't going anywhere for the next 10 years. 

The Bears were a fluke 

So philly has a good year and all of a sudden they are the best organization in football for the next 10 years? They are already worse than last year. 

1 hour ago, seafoam1 said:

So philly has a good year and all of a sudden they are the best organization in football for the next 10 years? They are already worse than last year. 

arguably every team that goes to the superbowl is worse the next year.   when a players contract comes up for renewal, the fact they are a superbowl champion means teams are looking for them.  They all want that championship experience in the dressing room.  

to that end due to the cap, it is hard to keep your players when you make it that deep in your run for a superbowl.

while this maybe doesnt affect all teams playing in the superbowl, it will usually affect a high percentage. if that team is tight to the cap as most superbowl calibre teams are, it is a reality of the game.    there are not a lot of NFL teams going to the superbowl who are not tight to the cap.

What does that do?

On 4/18/2023 at 8:18 PM, weepaws said:

What does that do?

Budda Baker maybe??

Howie Roseman is an absolute genius, he's up to something. What, I have no idea. 

1 hour ago, League Champion said:

Keep us posted... (fingers crossed...)