Sign in to follow this  
Ray_T

Chark Signs in Carolina

interesting signing.

I have mixed feelings about this.  This kid is a big, Fast WR.    average hands.  wins contested balls at times.

route running is ok but varies by type of route.    because hes such a big and fast target hes an especially nice deep threat but from what I have seen hes pretty good on crossing routes too. 

had a 1000 yard season playing for Minshew as a 2nd year player.   following year was on pace for a bit over 900 yards in a season where his starter got hurt and the backup wasnt very good.

then didnt mesh with Trevor Lawrence in a season where he was mostly injured.

then signed a one year deal in detroit last year.   played well at times.  but once again missed a few games to injury.  had a solid second half to the season which makes me think he can be a solid #2 WR.   I think on talent he has #1 upside but needs to tighten up his route running a bit and stay healthy for this to happen.   not impossible but better to bet on the low end to mid range of his potential. 

the good news is hes got Thelen on the roster who could do a nice job as a mentor to him and the rest of the WR on this roster, so this could work out nicely.

but it really depends on how good the rookie QB is.

it feels like a boom or bust move but I also feel that he and Thelien might be among the best of a bad WR free agency offseason.

under the circumstances I think the team did the best they could in terms of giving their rookie QB at least something to work with.  

in fantasy I think hes likely a backup or a matchup dependant flex, but could easily be a WR3 if his QB plays well and if he stays healthy.

I think both Chark who i have never been a big fan of, and Thielen are boom or bust this next season.  But they needed wr after losing Moore.  

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

I think both Chark who i have never been a big fan of, and Thielen are boom or bust this next season.  But they needed wr after losing Moore.  

and like I said, there is not much in the way for WR available in free agency.    I think this was about as good as they could do.  

They may still make a deal but more likely they have bigger holes to fill than WR at this point.   what they have is adequate.  possibly better than adequate but no guarantees on that.

9 plays of 20 plus yards last year in 11 games. Averaging almost 17 yards per catch; not too bad for a season where he missed basically half the year.

2 hours ago, RareN64Dream said:

9 plays of 20 plus yards last year in 11 games. Averaging almost 17 yards per catch; not too bad for a season where he missed basically half the year.

yeah there are signs he may actually be a player, but its not a lock.  otherwise everyone would be after the guy.

• Like 1

He’s played in 15 games his last two seasons, he’s averaging 19 yards per rec, he’s avg just above two rec per game in those 15 games, not a big time contributor.  

Well, we know what Bobby Darin thinks about him...

"You know that Chark bites..."

Mack the Knife, my all time favorite cruising song, when I take my 1963 Buick out for a spin, that’s the song I play first, second, and third.