Sign in to follow this  
Frozenbeernuts

I'm no longer an atheist

10 hours ago, weepaws said:

Why do innocent children die in war, why do they die in school shootings,why do they die with different diseases. Innocent people die because of the sins of others including parent. I’ve now given you plenty of answers, you won’t accept it because you like living in your sin, and you will probably die in your sin.  Hell to pay. Excuse my language. 

If you want me to answer for God, I’ll give you God’s answers.  I have to live with the fact that 1500 plus kids a day on avg die from the selfish act of abortion, and I ask why to the Lord.  

Romans 1:28.  Reprobate mind.  

Matthew 18: 21-35.  

Romans 3:20. 

Jeremiah 31:27&29. 

2 Samuel 12:13-14,22-25.  

Thanks.  

Are you one of those folks that believe you're going to hell if you don't believe in JC being the son of God? 

16 minutes ago, DonS said:

Are you one of those folks that believe you're going to hell if you don't believe in JC being the son of God? 

Think he already answered that one

21 hours ago, weepaws said:

Yea if I was raised in a catholic I would have felt the same.  I grew up an atheist, then God called me unto him, and now I’m a Christian, sorry that you were raised in that religious crap.  What you need, and we all crave is a relationship, and that true relationship comes when one accepts Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.  Jesus said, no one goes to heaven without  Jesus, there is no other way to true happiness with out Jesus.   

Live it, Love It Accept Jesus in our heart oh foolish man.  

Amen. 

3 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

Same here.  I don't really believe the stories in the bible, they're pretty insane.  I do believe that there are things out there that we can't see, know or understand.  Thats why I believe in a greater force at work.

Also the teachings of Jesus are good, it's a good blueprint to live your life.  Whether he turned water into wine, or became a zombie, I don't know, but the bible says he was a good dude, living your life like he did would be good for many.  Unfortunately there are many that say they love Jesus but act like complete ass holes in real life.

Agreed.  I was raised Jewish and a lot of the stuff just seems silly.  Yom Kippur is the most important holiday.   Which is basically telling you that if you don't eat for a day then all of your sins from the past year are forgiven.    Doesn't seem like much motivation to prevent sinning in the future.

It's mostly just organized religion that is stupid IMO.  Like weepaws saying you must accept Jesus as the Lord and savior or you're going to Hell.  LOL.  Or churches begging for money when a lot of the pastors live in giant palaces.

5 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Agreed.  I was raised Jewish and a lot of the stuff just seems silly.  Yom Kippur is the most important holiday.   Which is basically telling you that if you don't eat for a day then all of your sins from the past year are forgiven.    Doesn't seem like much motivation to prevent sinning in the future.

It's mostly just organized religion that is stupid IMO.  Like weepaws saying you must accept Jesus as the Lord and savior or you're going to Hell.  LOL.  Or churches begging for money when a lot of the pastors live in giant palaces.

I don't want to offend anyone, but I think a lot of religion is used for control, or it was just poor interpretations of the truth. This is why Christianity never made sense to me. I couldn't rationalize how someone who had never heard of Jesus would be punished so brutally. Plus, jusgement is a human thing. We aren't supposed to judge anyone, yet we are judged by a God?

The nice thing about what I believe is that it doesn't matter what religion anyone follows. In the end we will be in the same spot regardless of how you acted in this life.

17 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Think he already answered that one

My bad. I tend to glaze over when folks start spewing out religious dogma.

I find it interesting how hard core Christians say if you don't believe JC as son of God = eternal damnation.

What about devout Jews who live their lives as good people?  Same God, right?  Same old testament.  They don't believe the JC bit so BOOM!!!!  GOD SMITES YOUR ASS!!!! 

“But but but there is a line in the Bible that says yada yada yada so it MUST be true!!!!!“

The same can be said about any religion.  You don't believe in what their magical books say so you're going to hell. Interesting when a follower of religion XYZ is so sure they are 100% correct and others are 100% wrong.

16 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Jesus is just alright with me 

Oh yeah!  :pointstosky:

(I was tempted to link that video earlier) 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, TimHauck said:

I think I believe there is a God.  But sh1t like Jesus rising from the dead and Moses parting the Red Sea is where religion kinda loses me.

Anything is possible with God. Amen. 

4 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I don't want to offend anyone, but I think a lot of religion is used for control, or it was just poor interpretations of the truth. This is why Christianity never made sense to me. I couldn't rationalize how someone who had never heard of Jesus would be punished so brutally. Plus, jusgement is a human thing. We aren't supposed to judge anyone, yet we are judged by a God?

The nice thing about what I believe is that it doesn't matter what religion anyone follows. In the end we will be in the same spot regardless of how you acted in this life.

Who says that if it’s some how possible, which it’s not, that if someone has never heard of or even can understand who Jesus is , and that Jesus himself said he is the only way to God, would be punished.  The Bible says all Knees will bow.  

4 hours ago, DonS said:

My bad. I tend to glaze over when folks start spewing out religious dogma.

I find it interesting how hard core Christians say if you don't believe JC as son of God = eternal damnation.

What about devout Jews who live their lives as good people?  Same God, right?  Same old testament.  They don't believe the JC bit so BOOM!!!!  GOD SMITES YOUR ASS!!!! 

“But but but there is a line in the Bible that says yada yada yada so it MUST be true!!!!!“

The same can be said about any religion.  You don't believe in what their magical books say so you're going to hell. Interesting when a follower of religion XYZ is so sure they are 100% correct and others are 100% wrong.

Define a good person? 

4 hours ago, DonS said:

First one must repent, that means to turn from their sin, the Bible says we must be Holy, has God is Holy.  

Jesus said He is the truth, the life , the way, and no one gets to Heaven without Him, what part of that is hard to understand? 

41 minutes ago, weepaws said:

First one must repent, that means to turn from their sin, the Bible says we must be Holy, has God is Holy.  

Jesus said He is the truth, the life , the way, and no one gets to Heaven without Him, what part of that is hard to understand? 

Oh, because Jesus said it it must be true! :rolleyes:

Now do Mohammed, or Hindu gods, or Buddhists.

Let me guess: your Bible says it's so and that makes all other religions completely wrong.  

2 hours ago, DonS said:

Let me guess: your Bible says it's so and that makes all other religions completely wrong.  

Yup, check out my “is the NCAA islamaphobic” thread.   I believe multiple posters said the national champion wrestler was “correct” when he declared everyone but Jesus was a false prophet.  LOL

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, DonS said:

You calling Jesus a liar? 1 John 5:20. Numbers 23:19.  

The Bible is God’s Word, it’s not mine.  

Mohammed, Budda, those gods, There all dead. Good luck.  

27 minutes ago, weepaws said:

The Bible was written by men.  It has also been translated many times over and different kings added their own spin.  I'm sure those men didn't have any agenda when writing things down. 

Do you believe everything just because it is written down?  Do you believe everything you read on the internet?  Why does a book written 2000 years ago get a pass for being "truth"? 

Btw, I think God would properly use the word "they're" 😉

59 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Is Jesus still alive?

4 hours ago, DonS said:

The Bible was written by men.  It has also been translated many times over and different kings added their own spin.  I'm sure those men didn't have any agenda when writing things down. 

Do you believe everything just because it is written down?  Do you believe everything you read on the internet?  Why does a book written 2000 years ago get a pass for being "truth"? 

Btw, I think God would properly use the word "they're" 😉

I believe in God, I believe His Word the Bible.  Don’t believe everything I read or that is written down.  

Do you ever believe anything that is written down, or that you read? 

2 Peter 1:21 that’s the answer to your first question.  

Thanks. 

3 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Is Jesus still alive?

1 Corinthians 15:3-8, that’s the answer to your question.  

Thanks. 

If the Bible is the word of God then I'm guessing you don't eat shellfish and don't tolerate homosexuality.  The Bible is infallible, amirite? 

I don’t eat shellfish because I’m allergic to it, sorry, but look at this, Acts 10:15.  Also food restrictions in the Bible was in the Mosaic law, Jesus fulfilled and replaced the Mosaic law.  So If could I would eat shellfish the New Testament doesn’t say I can’t. 

Now God is against homosexuality, it’s mentioned both in the Mosaic law, and in the New Testament, so yea God doesn’t tolerate sin, that is not limited to homosexuality, and also includes sex before one is married, also hating someone, also adulterous sex., also lying, takin God’s name in vain, witchcraft, take a look at 1 Corinthians 6:9-10. 

Number one sin that God hates is not accepting His Son Jesus in whom He sacrifice for us, and all God ask From us is to repent from sin, and to accept Jesus Christ has Lord and Savior, no matter how good of a person one is, or how bad , one can choose heaven by accepting Jesus Christ, or one can choose Hell by not accepting Jesus Christ, no matter their sin.  

Thanks 

6 hours ago, weepaws said:

1 Corinthians 15:3-8, that’s the answer to your question.  

Thanks. 

I don’t think it does.   Looks like it just talks about how he rose, but it doesn’t say he will live forever, and even if it did I don’t see how a really old book would be able to prove someone is alive in the present day.

1 Corinthians 15:3-8

King James Version

For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:

After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.

After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.

And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.

I’m still trying to figure out if Jesus is still alive.  I asked my mother in law and she said “in spirit,” but the singing church we went to seems to think he is in fact really still alive