Sign in to follow this  
jaguiar88

Early Keeper Question (Keep any 3)

I'm in a 12 man H2H PPR league. We get to pick three keepers just no restrictions on who or for how long. I have the 9 pick out of 12.

My roster.

QB- Josh Allen

WR- Dioante Johnson, Cooks, Treylon Burks, Romeo Doubs, Jameson Williams

RB- Chubb, Mixon, Ken Walker, Perine,

TE-TJ Hokenson, Kyle Pitts

Allen. Chubb. Hockensen.  

• Like 1

On 6/27/2023 at 5:08 PM, jaguiar88 said:

I'm in a 12 man H2H PPR league. We get to pick three keepers just no restrictions on who or for how long. I have the 9 pick out of 12.

My roster.

QB- Josh Allen

Allen and Chubb are the two easy ones, although make sure to grab Ford to back up Chubb.

I would also probably keep Hockenson over Walker, even though Walker has the slightly earlier ADP.

I agree with Allen, Chubb and probably Hockenson but I would keep an eye on what is going on in Atlanta.  Pitts could have a bigger part this year.  

I can’t trust Pitts over Hockensen. 

On 6/27/2023 at 4:08 PM, jaguiar88 said:

My roster.

QB- Josh Allen

The mentality of a keeper league is a bit different than redraft.

sometimes you keep a younger player because he has more upside in the future.   I think that is the case with Pitts.

Probably with Walker as well.   dont get me wrong, I like mixon, but hes not been the same last year as he had been previous.  that combined with the off field issues makes me want to shy away from the guy.   Walker put up comparable numbers to Mixon last year and he didnt play week 1 and wasnt the starter for any of the first 5 games of the year.   This is also a run based offense.   he has the potential to be a stud.

I'd keep Chubb, Walker, and likely Josh Allen.(sub in Pitts if you dont wanna keep a QB)

I dont think allen would fall to you at pick 9 if you dont protect him but Pitts will and Hock might.   This is a good time to transition to youth.   take the chance when it presents itself in a keeper league unless you think you have a championship team.

What about if I follow that young player mentality and future upside and go with Pitts instead of TJ.  So Allen, Chubb, Pitts,

On 6/27/2023 at 6:08 PM, jaguiar88 said:

My roster.

QB- Josh Allen

The mentality of a keeper league is a bit different than redraft.

sometimes you keep a younger player because he has more upside in the future.   I think that is the case with Pitts.

Probably with Walker as well.   dont get me wrong, I like mixon, but hes not been the same last year as he had been previous.  that combined with the off field issues makes me want to shy away from the guy.   Walker put up comparable numbers to Mixon last year and he didnt play week 1 and wasnt the starter for any of the first 5 games of the year.   This is also a run based offense.   he has the potential to be a stud.

I'd keep Chubb, Walker, and likely Josh Allen.(sub in Pitts if you dont wanna keep a QB)

I dont think allen would fall to you at pick 9 if you dont protect him but Pitts will and Hock might.   This is a good time to transition to youth.   take the chance when it presents itself in a keeper league unless you think you have a championship team.

4 hours ago, jaguiar88 said:

What about if I follow that young player mentality and future upside and go with Pitts instead of TJ.  So Allen, Chubb, Pitts,

I do like Pitts better than Hock long term.

TE's playing with Cousins have historically also only been able to put up mediocre numbers.   Hock has been good, but not spectacular with Cousins.  It wouldnt surprise me if Hock even put up better numbers this year, but Cousins is getting into the twilight of his career he is 34 and reliably has 2 good years left.  maybe 3.  beyond that its pretty dicey.  when Cousins is done, Hocks numbers will diminish in a very significant way.

Pitts is a young player in a developing offense.  I suspect greener days are ahead for him.  its hard to say if this happens next year.

That said I also believe in protecting RB's over TE's.  but in this format, if you are gonna keep a TE whose name isnt Kelce, Pitts is as good a choice as any other TE out there in keeper/dynasty.   He is a generational player.  but it may take a year for that offense to catch up to his talent.   If you are willing to play the long game Pitts is a nice hold, but it may be a full  year before you see results. 

Chubb, Allen, Hockensen.  Hockensen was great last season, and he’s what three years older then Pitts, and Hockensen does have Cousins at Qb right now, but who does Pitts have at Qb, I don’t see Pitts being the better option.  

I would be hesitant in keeping Walker, Charbonnet might be as good, and will be the Seahawks ppr rb.  

I think you’re overthinking, Chubb , Allen, Hockensen are the ones to keep. 

Thanks. 

On 7/9/2023 at 6:54 PM, MTSkiBum said:

Allen and Chubb are the two easy ones, although make sure to grab Ford to back up Chubb.

I would also probably keep Hockenson over Walker, even though Walker has the slightly earlier ADP.

this is probably the right answer.

if you are averse to keeping a TE, Walker is the next best choice.   the value difference between him and Hockenson is minimal, so it is mostly a matter of preference.  I prefer to have depth at RB and it is easier to accomplish this with two RB keepers so thats likely how I would approach it.

Chubb, Allen and Walker would be my keepers but thats due to my own bias (which I have disclosed to you for full transparency)

also worth noting, if you want to re acquire both players, hockenson is more likely to fall to you to be re drafted than Walker.  so if you like both players, this is an option to keep both (unless someone better is available of course)

Chubb and Allen are the obvious first two.  I don't see any way you don't keep those two given there's no cost to them. 

That 3rd one is a bit harder.  I see the arguments for Hock and Pitts, but I just wouldn't be able to bring myself to keep a TE not named Kelce over a decent starting WR or RB.  I think #3 for me would be Walker.   

• Like 1