scottybo

Keep McCaffrey for $33/100 budget?

In a Dynasty auction ppr league,  would you keep McCaffrey for $33 out of the $100 budget?

Right now I'm looking at keeping:

QB - Watson $2
RB- McCaffrey $33
RB Dobbins $5
WR AJ Brown $14
WR Waddle $12

Total of $66/$100.

Start 1QB, 2 RB, 3WR, 1 TE, 1K, 1DEF and 7 bench spots

How much would he go for if you throw him back?

How much will bijan go for?

How would you spend your budget if you threw him back?

Great Questions.   Probably the bet RBs that could be available are Saquon, he'd have to be kept at $29, Bijan Robinson (top rbs typically go in mid to upper 20's),  Najee Harris (probably won't be kept at $31).    Decent number of teams will need a RB going into the draft.

I think all the top receivers will be kept so wouldn't really be able to upgrade receiver with letting McCaffrey go and trying to get a stud WR.   I think McCaffrey would probably go $25-30 depending on how many teams need a #1 RB which will be quite a few.

the main reason you keep a player is because the cost to re acquire him is greater than the cost to keep him.

if you think you can get him in the draft for $30 or less, there is no need to keep him at $33.   That said, I think there is likely someone willing to pay more than $30 for him. (personal opinion)  but this is a know your league thing and I dont know your league.   so you can take that comment with a grain of salt.

but this is an important consideration.   if the cost to re acquire is about the same as the cost to keep, you should consider not keeping that player as you then gain the option and flexibility to go a different direction if the draft/auction plays out differently than you think it will. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ray_T said:

the main reason you keep a player is because the cost to re acquire him is greater than the cost to keep him.

if you think you can get him in the draft for $30 or less, there is no need to keep him at $33.   That said, I think there is likely someone willing to pay more than $30 for him. (personal opinion)  but this is a know your league thing and I dont know your league.   so you can take that comment with a grain of salt.

but this is an important consideration.   if the cost to re acquire is about the same as the cost to keep, you should consider not keeping that player as you then gain the option and flexibility to go a different direction if the draft/auction plays out differently than you think it will. 

Great feedback.  Did a quick review of the league before keepers are locked.   And predicting the best WRs that would be available are Dhop, T McClaurin,  and Keenan Allen as the top 3.  No big rookie WRs in this class that someone should big high on.  So if Cmac and Barkley are available, those would be the only high priced guys worth going after.   Seems like more and more thatI should keep McCaffrey as there won't be many studs available.  And teams with budget will need to spend there money somewhere.

On 8/8/2023 at 1:39 PM, scottybo said:

Great feedback.  Did a quick review of the league before keepers are locked.   And predicting the best WRs that would be available are Dhop, T McClaurin,  and Keenan Allen as the top 3.  No big rookie WRs in this class that someone should big high on.  So if Cmac and Barkley are available, those would be the only high priced guys worth going after.   Seems like more and more thatI should keep McCaffrey as there won't be many studs available.  And teams with budget will need to spend there money somewhere.

agreed.

I think the right choice is to keep him.

if you dont like him I suspect there would be people more than willing to trade you for him and if someone is in love with him, you can likely get more than $33 in auction dollars or players worth more than $33.     in almost all PPR leagues Someone will bite on that if thats the direction you want to go.     so if thinking about not keeping him at the very least you should see what the trade market is before making this decision.   you may be surprised at the offers you get.