Sign in to follow this  
JT88-3013

A keeper question on RB's

I am torn between keeping K Walker III (rd 10) or A Mattison (rd 14) in a 10 team PPR league. I view both as RB 2's but both have pros and cons...thoughts please? Thanks

Walker.  

• Like 1

I'll echo Walker.  Mattison doesn't hit me as a true starter.  I'm surprised Minni hasn't brought in one of the free agent veterans.  

...yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cretins said:

I'll echo Walker.  Mattison doesn't hit me as a true starter.  I'm surprised Minni hasn't brought in one of the free agent veterans.  

...yet.

hes a true starter, but walker has a chance to be elite.

what you see is that he got 1200 total yards and 9 TD as a rookie in 15 games.

but if you dig deeper he got very little play in the first 2 games he played.  3 and 4 carries respectively.  then 8 carries in each of the next 2 games......basically 23 carries in his first 4 games for 23 touches for 150 yards over 4 games. (numbers rounded)    then 900 yards rushing in the last 11 games.   pro rate that over a season and hes nearly the rushing leader over 17 games.

I fully acknowledge it is a small sample size so you need to scale back your expectations over 17 games but you also have to ask yourself what if it continues?

I dont think Mattison will be this good.   and even if he is..... Walker is younger which makes him the more attractive keeper.  if hes the player hes supposed to be you'll be set at RB for a long time.

• Like 1

Walker

• Like 1