Sign in to follow this  
dpbuddha

Blockbuster trade…why am I hesitating?

With Kelce having such a monster season last year I’m having a hard time pulling the trigger. Talk me into just clicking “accept.”

PPR keep 4:

My potential keepers: Kelce (1st), Marquis Brown (9th), Etienne (10th), Fields (11th), Pacheco (12th), Akers (16th).

I am not really considering Pacheco.

I was offered Kupp (2nd round) for Kelce and Pacheco. 
This is a slam dunk accept, right?

1 hour ago, dpbuddha said:

With Kelce having such a monster season last year I’m having a hard time pulling the trigger. Talk me into just clicking “accept.”

PPR keep 4:

My potential keepers: Kelce (1st), Marquis Brown (9th), Etienne (10th), Fields (11th), Pacheco (12th), Akers (16th).

I am not really considering Pacheco.

I was offered Kupp (2nd round) for Kelce and Pacheco. 
This is a slam dunk accept, right?

correct me if I am wrong....

my understanding of your type of format is that you give up an x round pick for a player and the following year you have to give up a pick 1 round sooner.

when it gets to a point where you are giving up a first round pick you are no longer allowed to keep the player the following year.

so I'd say 2 years of Kupp is worth more than 1 year of Kelce.

that said, I think you are undervaluing Pacheco I do think you may regret giving him up...  but if you were not going to keep him anyhow this trade keeps you from losing Kelce for nothing next year and may be a nice deal to make.  you also get the added value of a first round pick instead of a 2nd.

so I'd make the deal

9 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

correct me if I am wrong....

my understanding of your type of format is that you give up an x round pick for a player and the following year you have to give up a pick 1 round sooner.

when it gets to a point where you are giving up a first round pick you are no longer allowed to keep the player the following year.

so I'd say 2 years of Kupp is worth more than 1 year of Kelce.

that said, I think you are undervaluing Pacheco I do think you may regret giving him up...  but if you were not going to keep him anyhow this trade keeps you from losing Kelce for nothing next year and may be a nice deal to make.  you also get the added value of a first round pick instead of a 2nd.

so I'd make the deal

As it currently stands in this league, once a guy hits a round 1 value, you can continue to keep him as a round 1 value. I do believe that will change in the next season or two, but my primary concern is giving up Kelce, who is just so far beyond any other TE. Before the trade, my first two picks would be Kelce and then someone like Breece Hall. After the trade my first two picks would be something like Saquon/Lamb and Kupp. Then I just have to resign myself to someone like Waller in the 5th or Njoku in the 7th (based off many mocks with the keepers plugged in for all teams)

3 hours ago, dpbuddha said:

As it currently stands in this league, once a guy hits a round 1 value, you can continue to keep him as a round 1 value. I do believe that will change in the next season or two, but my primary concern is giving up Kelce, who is just so far beyond any other TE. Before the trade, my first two picks would be Kelce and then someone like Breece Hall. After the trade my first two picks would be something like Saquon/Lamb and Kupp. Then I just have to resign myself to someone like Waller in the 5th or Njoku in the 7th (based off many mocks with the keepers plugged in for all teams)

keep in mind Kelce's age.

historically only one other TE has finished top 5 in fantasy for TE at this age or older (Tony Gonzales who did it twice)  so there is the chance that Kelce realistically only has a year, possibly 2 left in the tank.

for that reason I do like the trade.   we dont have the luxury of knowing when age will catch up with him but we do know its bound to happen in the next couple of years.

I would take , and go get Barkely. 

Kupps no spring chicken either. But I agree to pull the trigger. Cool flip between Kelce and cupp, but having a better player to sweeten the pot wings me over

Another vote for accepting that trade.  I'd take Kupp in round 2 over Kelce in round 1 in a keeper league.