Sign in to follow this  
darkhorse2

wwyd? mahomes/pacheco v tua/mcc

would you make this trade?

mahomes and pacheco for tua and McCaffery

1/2 ppr

my current team:  mahomes, pickett, goff,  pacheco, dobbins, herbert,   higgins, A. St.brown, pickens, aiyuk, lockett

If this is a 10 or 12 team league I would strongly consider this because you do not have any stud RBs or stud WRs. I'm trying to figure out how you drafted? Did you take Mahomes in round 1? If so who was your 2nd pick? St. Brown? Anyway...assuming this is true, you are trading away your top pick. But I'd still do it to get CMC and Tua. 

Tua and Goff are capable QBs this year with upside. And CMC gives you that stud RB that you lack. I'd be more apt to do it if you could get a top 5 WR instead of CMC since it's a 1/2 ppr league and there will be more difference making RBs on waivers as the season progresses more so than top WRs, but that might not be possible. 

I think I make the trade if this is a PPR.  Mahomes is a crazy stud at QB but if McCaffery stays healthy he is the best at the position in a PPR.

4 hours ago, darkhorse2 said:

would you make this trade?

mahomes and pacheco for tua and McCaffery

1/2 ppr

my current team:  mahomes, pickett, goff,  pacheco, dobbins, herbert,   higgins, A. St.brown, pickens, aiyuk, lockett

In general, the person getting the best player in most multi player deals usually wins on the trade.

Mahomes is worth more than Tua and Tua is one big hit away from a career ending concussion.   I dont like the risk.

McCaffrey is better than Pacheco but McCaffrey is also an injury waiting to happen.  dude has been injured far more than hes been healthy.

is this a redraft or a keeper league?   if its a keeper league the risks are probably way too high.   its generally a bad idea to trade young keepers for older keepers unless you are likely to win as a result of the trade.   so in that scenario its a for sure No.

in redraft risks are still high

I noticed that you listed Herbert as being on your team.   is that Herbert the QB or Herbert the RB?

if it's Herbert the QB I would make the deal because you have another stud QB waiting in the wings.

if its Herbert the RB I would seriously consider whether you should make the deal because then Tua is your #1 and you are acquiring 2 damaged players for one healthy and elite one and you are giving up a RB2 on top of that.   it feels like a high price to pay.   for it to work out both players need to be fully healthy all year long and I dont honestly think that will happen.  You will be lucky if you get one of them staying healthy.    

I'm leaning towards a No on this for redraft too.

I’m taking Mccaffery all day long over Pacheco, do it.  Quickly