Sign in to follow this  
Fearsome

PPR Newbie...Help with draft strategy

I have been playing fantasy football for 27 years and have won 6 championships. My home league is in year 23 and has always been standard/non-PPR. I also played in TD only leagues back in the 1990's and early 2000's. This will be my first venture into PPR as a number of guys from the home league (all olds) have decided to try it.

In doing mock drafts I seem to be focused on receivers and getting a top TE early (because of the extra point) which leaves me devoid at RB. What is the best path, in your opinion, to go on draft day? When do you jump in for the QB? When do you draft your first RB?

Thanks in advance. Trying to get into the fantasy 21st Century (though still moving forward with the standard home league). :headbanger:

I also had problems going from traditional to PPR about 10 years ago. I have always been a RB value guy and with PPR and the game today this has to switch to WR value. Also I have found that my season went much better when I got either a top tier QB or TE because it eliminated question marks from week to week in one spot and allowed me to focus on the others.

Good luck.

How many teams?  What’s lineup requirements for WR/RB and flex ? 
There is no set right answer to queries but I’m sure you’ll get some good advice to help point you in your way.  
What is your general draft philosophy of past years?  Ppr changes positin values but it’s not like you’re jumping into superflex territory.  What’s been successful in past as far as player evals go isn’t going to change much… 

Qbs and TEs in the double digit rounds, hit Rbs first rd, hit WRs next few picks back to Rbs rotate.  Have fun. And Win your 7th title.  

34 minutes ago, kcBlitzkrieg said:

How many teams?  What’s lineup requirements for WR/RB and flex ? 
There is no set right answer to queries but I’m sure you’ll get some good advice to help point you in your way.  
What is your general draft philosophy of past years?  Ppr changes positin values but it’s not like you’re jumping into superflex territory.  What’s been successful in past as far as player evals go isn’t going to change much… 

Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 D, 1 K. 10 teams, full PPR. I have always been either RB/WR or RB/RB depending on where I was in the draft order. I was also always a QB late guy, like round 8-9 or later. Also, in the home league, there is no TE position. WR/TE is a combined spot (as I think it should be. TE is the most unfair position in FF). This year with the high end QB it could change things but that's for another thread.

18 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Qbs and TEs in the double digit rounds, hit Rbs first rd, hit WRs next few picks back to Rbs rotate.  Have fun. And Win your 7th title.  

:lock:

I typically draft Taysom Hill with my first round pick. He throws, runs, and catches balls all to himself. Double or triple points in most instances. He single-handedly killed Alvin Kamara's career. The Chuck Norris of fantasy football if you will.